Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 05-19-2013, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Dogwood Quilter View Post
Babylocks are made by Brother to Babylocks specs. Unless you can see a difference there probably isn't any. The programmed patterns might be different but that is probably all.
Babylocks are typically more expensive than their identical Brother equivalents for some reason, but as far as I know, the ONLY difference will be the built in designs. The Brother version of this line includes some Disney designs, plus the ability to buy more online, so if you think you will want those, I'd go with the Brother. I have the Dreamweaver combo version of the Dreammaker and LOVE it so far (I've had it just a few weeks).
Old 05-19-2013, 08:59 AM

I have the 5D Pro as well, and I love the flexibility to design with it.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by SingerSewer View Post
Question - today I looked at two brands of embroidery only machines. The Baby Lock Spirit and the Brother Innov-is VE2200 are basically the same machine. They do the same things and look almost identical. The Brother is a few hundred dollars less. I am interested in any input you may have on the machines. Thank you
Hi SingerSewer
As Dogwood Quilter mentioned, Babylocks are made by Brother. I have a Brother embroidery machine, a Brother serger and a Brother sewing machine. They are the most user friendly machines I have ever used. I agree with Dogwood Quilter, that there will be very little difference if any between the Brother and Babylock machines.

Good luck and happy stitching.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by Belkocm View Post
I have the 5D Pro as well, and I love the flexibility to design with it.
Every design I go to run I first pull it up into the new Stitch Editor Plus and reduce the unneeded stitches, and run the jump stitch command. It really is so much easier and better than doing it in the organizer. Plus, if you do the jump stitch command in the organizer, you have to save it to another folder and then retrieve it from there. You skip that step in Stictch Editor Plus. Have you been to mrpatience.com yet. Its a tutorial site on 4 and 5D, alot of free videos and then they also offer classes on them as well. I have one of his books recommended by the Viking teacher. Lots of good info there.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:29 PM

Wow, decisions, decisions. Both the Baby Lock and Brother seem to be so wonderful. Now the big question is would I use one enough to justify spending that much money.

Do you use your embroidery machine enough to make it a good buy?
Old 05-22-2013, 12:34 PM

Wow, decisions, decisions. Both the Baby Lock and Brother seem to be so wonderful. Now the big question is would I use one enough to justify spending that much money.

I thought the same thing. In fact talked myself out of an emb. Machine 9 yrs ago. Got my first one last year and haven't looked back. I don't have grandchildren so thought I wouldn't have much to emb. I found In-The-Hoop bags and have made and sold many. I also plan to emb the fabric for bigger bags.
i recommend that you buy your machine from someplace where you can get lessons. I take all the classes I can.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Swap Hosts

I have a Babylock and a Brother. The only difference is price. Babylock is much more expensive.
If you're not sure about it or don't want to spend a lot, I recommend the Brother PE-770. It is a workhorse.
I think that you will be surprised at how much you use it.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:39 PM

Another question?

What do you mostly use your embroidery for? Do you make quilts, etc?
Old 05-23-2013, 03:13 AM
Swap Hosts

I use mine for quilting, of course, but there are many ITH (in the hoop) projects you can make - potholders, needlebooks, coasters, eyeglass cases to name a few. I make a lot of FSL (free standing lace) - often sewn over organza for a little sparkle - angels as comfort gifts, bookmarks, Earrings, and I made favors for my son's wedding. I love, love, love DOW (Day of the Week) towels and buy appropriate fabric, cut it to size, serge the edges and stitch away. Embroidered pillows, totes, you name it. I make veils for a living and embroider designs directly onto the veils. A handmade scarf with a monogram is always a nice gift, too.
Should I go on?
Old 05-23-2013, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I make veils for a living and embroider designs directly onto the veils. A handmade scarf with a monogram is always a nice gift, too.
Should I go on?
Would you mind sharing what kind of stabilizer you use for the veils?
TIA,
Jane