Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th >

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Elisabrat's Summer Fun! Table Runner/Table Mat Swap SIGN UPS CLOSE MAY 5th

Old 05-20-2013, 02:22 PM

Has anyone heard from sikesjj lately? She's my partner and I just realized she's in the path of the tornados in OK. Sent her a pm but haven't heard anything.

For those of you in the path of the storm, I will keep you in my prayers.

KAT
Old 05-20-2013, 04:22 PM

I was just here to write to all of you.. I am so sad for all those in the way of that monster twister. It had to be the scariest thing on earth when it hit. I am thankful for the early alert system they have and am confident Sikesjj is ok just not able maybe to reach us right now. I heard only text messaging is working no ATT currently in the Oaklahoma City area so I will say many many well wishes and prayers that she is ok and that the ones she loves are also. It is like only our Krystyna knows devistating to lose your whole life of home, belongings to nature. It takes a huge amount of faith and internal strength to keep going. Please have a moment of silence for those who are affected by these twisters. 36 have already been counted as dead now. I am forever thankful for what I have. I hope all of you look around you and see how lucky you are. sorry.. this made me very sad today.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:35 PM
Swap Hosts

I am watching the news reports and in tears because I know how horrible it is. I want to jump in the car and go help, but I know that there is little I can do. One of our board members, Lv2sew2011, lives in Moore. I am praying she is ok, but I know that even if she is, she is not ok. You are never ok when your neighborhood is gone.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:56 PM

first off OKLAHOMA spell check please brat does not use one apologies on my behalf. I wish I could help too but it emotional healing. Edmond is the town Sikesjj lives in was hit by the tornado. Oh crud. I want to call her yet know she is dealing with so much maybe more for me than her? oh crud this is tough stuff.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:44 PM

Just got off the phone with Elisabrat and my family and I are ok. We live about 20 miles away from Moore but I am wanting to put some lap quilts together for the victims, there are two elementary school that were hit and one is expected to have at least 2 dozen fatalities. Some friends lost their home and their little boys are okay, the daycare was close to the path of the tornado. Treasureit has started a post under the donations page, about quilts for the victims, as soon as I know anything more I will let everyone know. Please continue to pray and have positive thoughts!
Old 05-20-2013, 05:54 PM

So glad you are okay sikesjj, didn't know how close you were. Hope luvtosew2011 is okay too. She is NE but news says it went south through Moore and then turned to the NE. Pray she is not in the path.
Old 05-20-2013, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by sikesjj View Post
Just got off the phone with Elisabrat and my family and I are ok. We live about 20 miles away from Moore but I am wanting to put some lap quilts together for the victims, there are two elementary school that were hit and one is expected to have at least 2 dozen fatalities. Some friends lost their home and their little boys are okay, the daycare was close to the path of the tornado. Treasureit has started a post under the donations page, about quilts for the victims, as soon as I know anything more I will let everyone know. Please continue to pray and have positive thoughts!
My prayers and thoughts with all who have been effected by the tornados.
Old 05-21-2013, 04:27 AM

I am hoping today with daylight they find more people alive. What a sad sad day it was in Oklahoma and the reality is just about now hitting those hurt by this tornado. I am thankful Sikesjj (Jaime) is ok. She has a good shelter to go to right down the way at her mother in law's home. I think she is one of the lucky ones.

I am excited today i will contact the dialysis unit in Cody and everyone pray they have a chair with my name on it. small places fill up fast. Not sure were the next best option is in Wyoming. Guess I will find out
Old 05-21-2013, 07:28 AM

I have a GD living in OK suburbs. Got a hold of her last night. Said she put the baby in the car and just drove away when the weather started to get bad. She's back home. Her place has minor damage but everyone is ok.

KAT
Old 05-21-2013, 08:19 AM

I just made a yahoo group for everyone intrested in donating quilts to the victims of the tornados. I will take any quilt you want to send. I have made a yahoo group if you are interested, please bear with me since I have never done this before. You have to ask to join that because I didn't want anyone spamming and putting junk in there. I personally am making lap quilts, and baby quilts. They have stated on the news that baby stuff is needed, so baby quilts, or children quilts.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/quiltsoflove/

Thank you,
Jamie Sikes