Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 05-28-2013, 01:35 AM
Gay

Colleen, you need to have a computer program for embroidery machines to open or import your designs into, to be able to make changes. Do you have anything like this or do you have Buzz Explore? Please pm me if you need to chat more about this
Old 05-28-2013, 01:45 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Bigred, go to www.cuteembroidery.com. There are several areas where you can download - under Designs by Cuties - and there are many, many pages of them - and then there are links under Community-Freebies where people post links to sites that offer free designs including alphabets and design sets to collect. Brother has a few on the U.S. site, but there are tons on the Brother.ru (Russia) site.

ok, I even got sucked in and paid for a 6 month membership...but - it seems nothing I downloaded will load to my data card. The Disney stuff I bought loaded like a dream! Any ideas? I chose ones that are 4x4 or less.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:49 AM

One of the best forums I used when I was learning about embroidery is: http://www.sewforum.com/
There is a lot of people with embroidery machines that share so much information.
Old 05-29-2013, 03:07 PM

Software question? I have the Designer's Gallery Studio Plus and it has been discontinued. I am interested in upgrading. What kind of software do you use to view your designs and convert formats when needed? Thank you
Old 05-29-2013, 03:56 PM

I use sew what pro and really like it a lot. I tried a couple of programs like embird, but for me, this program was def the easiest to use and does everything i need. Also, there is a yahoo group that the company moderates and they will help with ANY question... GREAT, IMO, customer service.
Old 05-29-2013, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
I am seriously addicted to downloading. I was going to abstain until I stitched out more, but ... well, that didn't happen!
I know what you mean by it being addictive, I've only bought a handful of design sets. But, have 4 discs full of embroidery designs that I've gotten for free over time! hee hee
Old 05-29-2013, 05:18 PM

I"m addicted to the free downloads.. I tend to collect them.

I only purchase when I have a specific need for a design... rarely I can't find something free that works for my projects.. I do not hesitate to buy when I need to.. but FREE is always good.. LOL
Old 05-29-2013, 05:28 PM

Krystyna, you Amaze me on the wealth of your knowledge of all the many topics posted on the QB! Amazed and Grateful! I am learning a great deal from your comments! THANK YOU!!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 04:08 PM

Another good thing about Embroidery library is that they store your patterns you buy. I buy a lot from them also from oregonpatchworks but oregonpatchworks does not store them so if my computer gives out I would lose those patterns so I put them on drives to make sure I never lose them. They both have great specials.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:40 PM

oregonpatchworks is another great site and they have a lot of sales too. I have a lot of them from Embroidery library too and really am bad... LOL I am going to make a quilt with the ones embrodiery library have on sale this week with the peek a boos. I am going to use their heads and then make a quilt to make them look like they are in bed. I am still trying to figure out in my head how I am going to set them up most the patterns are 6 something inches by 4 something inches. I will draw it out then figure the size of the block when it is done and how many across and down to make a baby quilt. I got 15 patterns of just the heads they are on sale for a 1$ a pattern. I can't wait to get started. I have a Janome 10001 and I love it.