Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I love my quilting friends! >

I love my quilting friends!

I love my quilting friends!

Old 05-29-2013, 06:49 AM

I'm lucky enough to have friends that come over once a month and we quilt in our barn (in a "craft" room). Every one of us has a different approach to many aspects of quilting, which is an enhancement, not a problem! I don't follow patterns and get into trouble and they come up with all sorts of delightful answers. This group has really stretched my approach to quilting (they are all more experienced than me, yet very patient)! I'm learning soooo much! We also lunch together. DH calls us the "group of 5" (wasn't that some the name given to Chinese dictators a few years ago?). I think we have morphed into the name for ourselves "The barn quilters"!

I'm sort of a socially inept person, but this group has become very important to me on many levels.

Last edited by Sierra; 05-29-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:07 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

Sewing/Quilting/crocheting friends are just the best .. I have some in each category and its a blast when we do things together ..
We also have camping, ATVing and many other hobby friends .. so when we have a end of summer BBQ its a blast to see these people all together:sharing stories, laughing and just having a good time... Many of our friends sew/quilt and crochet (even some of the menfolk can do it !LOL)along with our other life hobbies.. so its just plain fun !
Old 05-29-2013, 07:10 AM
Power Poster

I am a loner type, work best by myself. I still work all day and makes for a short evening.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:49 AM

My quilting friends are meeting as I write this, but darn, I'm at the lake and can't be there. I miss rarely,mostly in the summer when I'm vacationing. But, this year I am planning a quilt retreat at our association's clubhouse. It's in July and I don't want to wish my summer away, but I can't wait! Only one of my group has seen our vacation home and I can't wait to show them. Hopefully we can take a swim break, campfire and my DH is going to grill for us one night. He might get sent to the camper in the garage for sleeping, but he suggested it!
I love my quilting friends and we all go to the same church too so it's all good!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:08 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

second this!!
Originally Posted by valleyquiltermo View Post
ow fun, sometimes I wish I had quilting buddies.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:09 AM

I have 3 friends that love to quilt and I am attempting to get us organized to meet once a month and have a little quilt meeting. The difficult part is that 2 of us are still working and it's shift work which makes it even more difficult, but we will figure something out. We just went to Syracuse last week on a shop hop and had a ball. We went to three quilt stores and loved each one of them. I thought I was going to have to give one friend oxygen when I saw her reaction to a room filled with Batiques (sp?) at one store! She really loves that fabric. We left home at 7am and didn't get back till 10pm! I did all the driving and was calling them Miz Daisy's. I zoomed around Syracuse like there was no tomorrow and only got us lost once. What an awesome day! So for anyone wanting to check out quilt shops in Syracuse , I recommend Patchwork Plus- it's outside of the city a bit but SO worth the drive, Calico Gals-very friendly and helpful staff, lovely material, and last but not least, Mission Rose.
Old 05-30-2013, 06:31 AM

My small group of quilting friends are in Phx. and I moved up to the mountains. I sure miss my group.
Tried joining a Guild up here but it is just to organized. Minutes, volunteers, shows etc.