Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I can't be the only one - Significant Other therapy thread >

I can't be the only one - Significant Other therapy thread

I can't be the only one - Significant Other therapy thread

Old 06-07-2013, 06:41 AM

I know there are so many times I get on his nerves, but Monday I had a day "planned" that was all for me (for a change) when we were up at our cabin. Since we only have 1 car when we're up there, trips to town are "planned". I figured I'd go get my hair cut & then spend a few hours browsing a quilt shop & other local shops. He comes downstairs while I'm finishing breakfast & says "Get ready. I want to get going." Shoot! There went my planned day! It irritated me almost all day, till I could work it out at my sewing machine. Most of the time, he doesn't bug me, but that's only when he isn't around! He probably could(and does) say that about me!
Old 06-07-2013, 06:44 AM

I never could understand why my DH would talk to me while I was watching TV but refrained when I was reading. That always seem backward to me, I could pick up where I was in the book but the program went on without me.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:49 AM

He used my good crockpot as an oil drain when he changed the oil in our truck Meanwhile there was an oil pan not two feet from his head! I love him but sometimes it's like really??
Hugs
April
Old 06-07-2013, 06:49 AM

I bought a really nice, vintage glass, 2 cup measure to make my iced vanilla coffee in. The hubby would ask, just about every morning, "Can I use this measuring cup to put in the microwave" and NO! was always the answer! Well, I was getting ready for church one Sunday and wasn't there to answer that same 'ole question and therefore, he thought it was then OK to put my VINTAGE, $$$ measuring cup in the microwave. And guess what? It broke! He didn't tell me until we got home that afternoon, because he knew it would upset me. Then said it was my fault because it was always available to him! After straightening him out, we went shopping at antique stores and found another measuring cup, not as pretty, for twice as much.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by sweetpea View Post
I hubby of 38 years [tomrrow] is a wood carver. my sewing room was next to the carport that he was doing some power carving in. He do not see the window in the sewing room was open. EVERTHING was cover in saw dust when I went in the sewing room. My sewing room is no longer next to the carport.

LOL, where did you move it too?
Old 06-07-2013, 07:07 AM

Gosh - so many stories...emmm...oh...ok...here's one....the man LOVES to weed....I'm mean really LOVES to weed. Ok so I'm getting home from work and pull into the driveway and ....get this....he's in the yard with one of those handheld blow torches and he's burning up the little white puff ball weeds growing up in the yard. REALLLY!!!!!????? I jumped out of the car and asked what the @#$%! are you doing!!?? He said burning weeds. After 8 years of this, all I could do is say, well, O.K., then I went into the house. No sense arguing with the man/boy. So later, I go back outside to see what he's up to next and he's sweeping the yard with the broom....I didn't even ask...............
Old 06-07-2013, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by LovingIzabella View Post
He used my good crockpot as an oil drain when he changed the oil in our truck Meanwhile there was an oil pan not two feet from his head! I love him but sometimes it's like really??
Hugs
April
EEEWWW

Did you get a new crockpot out of the deal? Or did you buy him a larger oil pan?.........LOL
Old 06-07-2013, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
It's all that breathing in and out lol
Yep! LOL!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by lauriejo View Post
It's all that breathing in and out lol
so funny!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:54 AM

Love my guy but there have been (and still are!) times....
He borrowed my rotary cutter to cut - underlay for the flooring - he borrowed my NEW expensive Pampered Chef (large) cutting board to cut stickon tile flooring - only brings me his dirty work clothes to be mended (he knew they needed mending when he put them on - why didn't he take them off then and put them clean in the mending) - he keeps digging up all the blubs I've planted cause you have to dig everything out when you dig a garden in the spring (he could just put them back in the same location, he has the shovel and they are all together but no-o-o-o I can do it in the fall when I'm crazy busy - ...and I could go on ...
BUT he makes me bacon and eggs for brunch most weekends, he makes supper (whole 'nother sweet story), he starts my van on cold mornings (even when he doesn't have to be up), he loves anything I quilt, he sits through the church services I lead and listens to the same sermon twice - he learned to drink wine so we could order it with a special dinner out - he brings me flowers (took over 25 years to train him) - and I could go on there too ...
So I think I'll keep him just as long as the Good Lord lets me have him ...

Last edited by SuzzyQ; 06-07-2013 at 07:59 AM.