Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0  Signups now CLOSED :) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Old 06-07-2013, 02:36 PM

I love this concept and think I am ready to dip my toes in the pool. I will send an email.
Old 06-07-2013, 02:39 PM

I've signed up again. In fact, I sent my PM to April as soon as she posted it. I will look forward to receiving my remaining 2 blocks. It's just too bad those blocks won't make it in my quilt. I'm nearly finished putting the top together. I'll post a picture when it's finished.

Jane
Old 06-07-2013, 03:42 PM

I just took my finished top from 9 to the long arm quilter today! I am so excited to get it back. I am new to quilting but my local quilt shop charges .02 per sq ft. for long arm services. Does anyone know a place where I could send it for cheaper? I've looked in my area and there really isn't much.
Also, you guys will be so proud of me I bought my fabric for one set of the 10.0 today, cut it and put it in ready to address envelopes. All I need are addres[ATTACH=CONFIG]417779[/ATTACH]ses. So excited!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	quilt swap fabric.jpg
Views:	261
Size:	137.3 KB
ID:	417779  
Old 06-07-2013, 05:27 PM

sent e-mail to join for large group. am asking for blocks in pink,white and white on white thistime. blocks are going to be made into quilt to donate for Quilt for Cure auction. som many on QB are battling or have battled ith breast cancer, i feel this donation quilt will be in tribute to them.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:16 PM

Count me in for 2 small groups. Sent my email. Now to figure out what I want to do!
Old 06-07-2013, 09:19 PM
Power Poster

April - so sorry I didn't know you had surgeries

I was just thinking about the new Boom a few days ago - glad to see the new one starting I sew and get so much more done in the summer then in the winter months , so if you will have me back would love to join for a small slow group Sent you an email
Old 06-08-2013, 04:55 AM

I have just sent April an email.....I haven't been in since Boomerang 6........so thought I would join up again, but it will be a small group this time. Now to get my fabric organised.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:53 AM

My house is upside down - renovating the kitchen. Dining room table piled high...two room with sewing/ironing/cutting so what do I do? I search my pile of fabric (trying very hard to use what I have to save the money for the renovation) and found some great fishy fabric - enough for a small swap; AND beachy fabric for another. Just to keep cool and calm in the midst of my mess - I cut them up, ironed, folded, ironed and stuffed them in envelopes. I am all ready so when the swap starts and I am in total chaos - all I need to do is address them. Whew! Sure felt good to accomplish that!
Old 06-08-2013, 06:21 AM

I feel for you for sure!! I remember remodeling our kitchen a couple of years ago, thought I'd go nuts. I'm sure my husband thought I had, took about a month of pure chaos. So worth it now though. Haven't decided on fabric yet, keep thinking maybe I'll just do a red and white quilt. Make it easy, all of you will just need white fabric. Good luck on the remodel, how extensive are you doing?
Old 06-08-2013, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by awilson View Post
I just took my finished top from 9 to the long arm quilter today! I am so excited to get it back. I am new to quilting but my local quilt shop charges .02 per sq ft. for long arm services. Does anyone know a place where I could send it for cheaper? I've looked in my area and there really isn't much.
Also, you guys will be so proud of me I bought my fabric for one set of the 10.0 today, cut it and put it in ready to address envelopes. All I need are addres[ATTACH=CONFIG]417779[/ATTACH]ses. So excited!
Do you mean 2 cents per square inch? If so, that is a little expensive. My long arm quilter here charges $1 per inch along the shortest edge. She does a great job and has a quick turn around.