Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
I can't be the only one - Significant Other therapy thread >

I can't be the only one - Significant Other therapy thread

I can't be the only one - Significant Other therapy thread

Old 06-08-2013, 06:57 AM

Thank you, ladies, for the ton of giggles I've had this morning. "it's all that breathing in and out" ROFLOL
Old 06-08-2013, 07:01 AM

Oh my gosh! I have a quilting room not attached to the house (he had it built for me) and on purpose I do not have a landline or take my cell phone with me. However........he thinks all calls are super important and comes out there with a phone in his hand so I can call the person right back! Nope, not going to happen....
Old 06-08-2013, 07:05 AM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
I love all your funny DH stories, but I have to say....at least you still have a DH. Mine will be gone 16 years next week, and I would love to have him around to complain about. Now all I have to complain to is the dog.
I agree with you Grann. When I feel myself getting irritated by my DH I stop and think about how horrible it would be not to have him around (his positives FAR OUTWEIGH the any negative!) and my attitude changes in an instant.

I choose to accept him warts and all. God knows he over looks all of my faults! lol
Old 06-08-2013, 07:13 AM

That is why I do not have a Husband.
It is my STUFF, leave it alone.
Was married for 27 years.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:17 AM

LOL! Mine "Cleaned up the yard". Mowed down and sprayed all the wildflowers I had planted. When we built this house we had the front yard landscaped but the back was supposed to be natural so I invested in several packages of wildflowers. They were doing great too! He thought the daisies looked like weeds, so he took care of the weeds --- and all the other pretty flowers!

Originally Posted by JoyjoyMarie View Post
Loved your stories - we've only been together for 15 years now, but I can count on every spring he will mow over at least one bleeding heart from my undertree flower beds when he's "helping" rid up the yard. I try so hard to get out there early and really weed and define the "naturalistic" beds I've created, but I can't beat him and his machines!! Usually I feed them and talk nice to them and help them recover, but it is REALLY ANNOYING that he repeatedly does it! (Passive aggressive??) Small price to pay for all the other stuff he does just right - and he is a good cook too- so the blessings far outweigh the difficulties. (And yes - the endless chatter during a TV program--is that the male gene??)
Old 06-08-2013, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by BackBay View Post
I have been married 54 years, there is not enough room on the internet to hold all my stories of, " oh no, you didn't!"
AMEN to that, I hear you!!!! I've been married 50 years, definitely not enough room. But I keep him!!!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 02:13 PM

My DH gave my 1957 featherweight to Goodwill because he didn't think I was using it. It has cost him 5 different machines. Thought he learned not to touch anything related to sewing, but no. I came home from shopping, and on my cutting table is a rotary cutter with blade, and other pieces. Don't ask me what he was going to do with it, but he pushed or pulled something on it, and all he could say was, it fell to pieces. I think he forgot what he was going to do with it when it came apart. I still love him!!!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 02:35 PM

It's the thought that counts, right?
Old 06-08-2013, 02:41 PM

Be glad he noticed a change in you, even if it was for the wrong reason. It means he's paying attention to you!

My DH never noticed when I had memory issues from overdosing on a prescription med - while taking the prescribed dose! That completely floored me, because I was sure I had early altzheimers and he didn't even notice a change!!!!
Old 06-08-2013, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by grannie cheechee View Post
My DH gave my 1957 featherweight to Goodwill because he didn't think I was using it. It has cost him 5 different machines. Thought he learned not to touch anything related to sewing, but no. I came home from shopping, and on my cutting table is a rotary cutter with blade, and other pieces. Don't ask me what he was going to do with it, but he pushed or pulled something on it, and all he could say was, it fell to pieces. I think he forgot what he was going to do with it when it came apart. I still love him!!!!!
Wow 5 machines, did you go out and get 5 more rotary cutters too? LOL