Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0  Signups now CLOSED :) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Old 06-09-2013, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
AWilson, wish you lived in Missouri! I found a husband wife couple that will provide the batting and machine quilt it for $80 for a queen size. If you want her to bind it she charges $15..all you have to provide is the top and the backing.
Ive used them 4 times already and have NO complaints..and I can have it picked up so doesnt cost me any shipping!
They enjoy doing it since they are both retired. I lucked out!
Are they in the Columbia area? I live in SW Missouri and would be interested! I go up to north Missouri several times during the year.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:45 PM

Bought my fabric today. Now just to sit down and cut it. Was thinking about something for the fall but decided on bright spring/summer color. By the turn around they should all be coming back by fall. That is a busy time of year for me. I might not get to them and get them finished before after Christmas Thinking about table runner, place mats, and such for the kitchen. We'll just have to wait and see.
Old 06-09-2013, 04:01 PM

Warsaw, past Sedalia. I can send it to them by a friend on week and I have it back the next! I have 5 more waiting for them to get back from vacation so I can get them done!! Im going to ask them if they care if I give their phone number to people that ask. Ill post it on here once I find out.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:41 PM

Sent an email April to your gmail for a small group of 16 and my info.

Will be cutting fabric today and getting them in envelopes ready to send out to partners as soon as you give us the list.

Carol
Old 06-10-2013, 04:27 AM

Looking for advice from those who have done the boomarang's before. I have a few different ideas, which would you like to work on?

1. I have a soft yellow that I'm using as the background solid with batiks WIP. Making up blocks as I go - this would be a great way for me to get a bunch more blocks for this quilt, but would you all like getting the yellow as a fat eighth to add batiks to??
2. I could also do a variety of bright solids - requesting only solid colors to be added - seems like this might be too restrictive to be fun for everyone.
3. Then there is always a shopping trip to the LQS and pick out one pretty fabric and send it out to everyone?

If you were to get an envelope from me - what would you prefer?
Old 06-10-2013, 05:52 AM

cowpie2 I think you could do any of your choices. My only concern is that you may not get back all batiks in option 1. I have asked that they only use the colors that are in the print of my fabric, but have gotten back totally different. Don't know if they don't have it, don't want to buy it or didn't read my note at all. Will say that this boom I will be sending out a print ( red and white)with a note to use only bright white. If someone doesn't have the white, I would rather they send the F8 back because I want a strictly red and white quilt. Those reds are not the easiest colors to try and match. I do try very hard to follow the notes if they are included with the fabric, it's nice to receive a block that will go in the quilt that you want to make and be the right size. Like April says in her rules, you can suggest what you want and hopefully everyone will try to follow it.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:21 AM

OK, had my material all planned out. Was sending groups of 10 different holiday fabrics so I can end up with different holiday lap quilts for the livingroom . . . BUT I went to Walmart over the weekend and, as I always do since I can't go past the fabric center without stopping and checking it out, I found pink flowered material for 9 cents (yes, 9 cents) a yard. (thought the Easter material for 75 cents was a deal). I couldn't believe it! The store clerk scanned it twice to make sure. Of course, I went ahead and bought it 8.5 yards. Cost me 77 cents. I don't have a pink quilt . . . yet. I also don't have a plan for the next boom . . . now.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:41 AM

ArizonaKAT- you are the walmart queen! I WISH I could find deals like that at Walmart!

Cowpie- If it were me, I would pick the solid colors. I think they will be easier for your swappers to match- everyone has solids, not everyone has batiks. Plus, I've had that same idea in my head for a while, and I think that would make an AWESOME quilt.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:53 AM

Makes me wish that my Walmart still had a fabric section.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:35 AM

Thanks for the great feedback on an option that would be most successful!