Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Hello Again from Phoenix,Arizona >

Hello Again from Phoenix,Arizona

Hello Again from Phoenix,Arizona

Old 06-10-2013, 11:07 PM

Cool Hello Again from Phoenix,Arizona

Hello again,
My name is Estella & I joined last year in January & then somehow lost track of this website. A couple of weeks ago I was web surfing for info about a quilting project & came across this website again.It seemed familar to me for some reason & when I tried to log in it said that I already had an account. I tried my usual log in & low & behold I was in. I found my intro & also found all of the beautiful "welcome messages" from all of you.This time I book marked this page so that I don't loose it again.

My thanks to all who took the time to send me a welcome from all over the U.S. I was in shock at how many responses I got & felt so bad that it had been more than a year that I saw them. You all made me feel so welcome & at home.

** To all the new members, WELCOME FROM PHOENIX ARIZONA!!! YOU WILL LOVE THIS WEBSITE!! ***

Thanks, Estella
Old 06-10-2013, 11:11 PM

Glad you are back. What have you been quilting during your absence ?
Old 06-10-2013, 11:28 PM

Hi! Have you signed up for the newsletter?
Old 06-11-2013, 12:37 AM

Thanks again. I have made a couple of what I call, fun & crazy quilts, for 2 of grandsons. All from bags & bags of scraps, with matching pillowcases, which were alot of fun, becuz my boys picked out the fabrics. I had about 15 bags of just scraps of all sizes & I let them pick the colors that they were interested in from each bag. The first quilt has about 200 hundred different fabrics. Now you may think that it took a long time to make, but it actually didn't.What I did first was seperate the fabrics theme or color & made small pile for each block. Then I eliminated what didn't go or was too small to use. Next on some of the pieces that they just had to have, I just sewed them together randomly until I reached about an 11" square & then I tried a pattern, such as Log Cabin, Stars, etc. All squares were cut into 10-1/2" X 10-1/2" squares & then sewn, 5 across & 6 down, with 2-1/2 sashing in between, a 4-1/2 border, finished with 2-1/2 binding & done. What came out even surprized me. Out of Christmas fabric, I made 1 block that looked like a present. Out of camouflouge fabric, I made an airplane, & out of some solids, I made pumpkins for the Thanksgiving block, a heart for Valentines Day, & so on. The result was a twin size quilt they can use all year round, becuz the back I used flannel & the cotton side they love during the summer becuz it's cool. I will try to attach pictures. They love their quilts becuz not only did they choose the fabric, but also designed some of the blocks.
I've also made some runners, placemats for my sister, my design becuz she loves to decorate her kitchens with red chilis & couldn't find any fabric to match. Made a couple of bags, 1 in particular is my design again, that is a tri-fold, with pockets inside & out, which holds lots of sewing supplies, as well as 4 different sizes of rulers. The middle section has multiple pockets with zippers for larger sharper items like scissors & rotary cutters too. It was specifically designed for her becuz she has the very curious little boy that just won't stay out of her sharp items. The best part is that it all velcros shut & since it looks like a bag, her leaves it alone. That & the velcro keep him out.
I've made other things to, but these are my favorites.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:44 AM

Hello, no I have not signed up for the newsletter yet.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:58 AM
Power Poster

​Welcome back!
Old 06-11-2013, 03:23 AM
Power Poster

Welcome back from Michigan!
Old 06-11-2013, 04:00 AM
Power Poster

Welcome back from outside St. Louis.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:13 AM

welcome back from NE Ohio.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:20 AM