Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Need help with Keystone machine >

Need help with Keystone machine

Need help with Keystone machine

Old 06-11-2013, 09:07 AM

Thank you ladies! btw, what does clone 15 mean? I'm VERY new to collecting sewing machines, my only other experience is my Bernina and my slightly older Kenmore. Now that I know how beautiful old machines are, I'm wondering if my new sewing room will be big enough.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:22 PM
Banned

It refers to a clone (or copy) of the Singer Model 15 series.

They were usually made in occupied japan and were just about as strong as the singers (some say stronger) that they were copying.

If you look up Singer 15 or HA-1 (another name for the common 15 cloned hardware architecture ) you will find tons of info that should get you most of the way. We can help with the rest...

Steve
Old 06-11-2013, 02:25 PM

Thanks Steve! Today is my first day on QB and I'm loving it! I've learned a lot today and this is just the beginning for me, I just know it! These old machines are sooooo beautiful and I can't wait to find my next one. I was a little alarmed when I saw the Japan tag, but have since learned that it is very well made. After reading how much everyone else loves using an old machine, I'm considering getting it fixed up to try instead of the decoration I had intended it for.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Taralynn View Post
Thanks Steve! Today is my first day on QB and I'm loving it! I've learned a lot today and this is just the beginning for me, I just know it! These old machines are sooooo beautiful and I can't wait to find my next one. I was a little alarmed when I saw the Japan tag, but have since learned that it is very well made. After reading how much everyone else loves using an old machine, I'm considering getting it fixed up to try instead of the decoration I had intended it for.
Careful! They are like potato chips and we are all enablers on this board. Searching, purchasing, cleaning and getting them back in operation is so satisfying. Your machine is beautiful. I suspect your sewing machine will eventually get filled! It sounds like you are catching the bug. Welcome :-)
Old 06-11-2013, 03:44 PM

What small box to the upper right? Why isn't there one on my screen.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:51 PM

Singer 15 My first vintage and most beloved machine.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Sarah.jpg
Views:	433
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	418383  
Old 06-11-2013, 03:53 PM

It works. Didn't mean to hijack your thread but those were clear directions on how to post a picture. No one ever told me I could change the size of my photo in the camera. Happy dance. Please forgive my presumption.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:08 AM

No worries redmadder I'm actually glad you did! After looking at all these beautiful machines yesterday, I decided to go over to my mothers and look at the one she keeps telling me she's got. Turns out it looks almost exactly like the one you did the picture of, what are the chances?! Wish I'd seen your happy dance