Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How much do you pay for yearly membership in your quilt guild? >

How much do you pay for yearly membership in your quilt guild?

How much do you pay for yearly membership in your quilt guild?

Old 06-11-2013, 06:03 PM

The smallest guild I belong to the dues are $12 a year. The other guilds are $20, $20, and $25.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:11 PM

Mine is $25. We have national speakers 2 or 3 times a year. Membership gives me a 10% discount at most of the LQS shops. They are able to offer workshops a couple times a year. Every other year there is a quilt show, including the raffle quilt fundraiser. I think it is worth the money.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:24 PM

Wow! I think My guild members and I are fortuante we live in a small area. Our dues are $7/year. We don't have fancy speakers but do enjoy getting together. Try to learn something at least once a month and we all go on a retreat together in the fall where for the past two years, a quilt design was taught by one of us to all the rest and everyone went home with almost all their top finished. We try to do something community-wise every year, too..help with library fundraiser etc. One bonus is that the nearby town is beginning to have famous quilting teachers come for lessons so when we have to pay more for those, we can all afford to go. I think I am happy that ours is such a laid-back little group. We all get along and everyone helps each other out.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by omacookie View Post
and an on goin fund raiser called Birthday Table. If your birthday is that month you can bring quilting stuff, books, fabric, or other items. Chances are .25 cents each.
I don't understand the Birthday table. You only bring things to sell if it is your birthday? It sounds very interesting would you provide more details?
Old 06-11-2013, 06:54 PM

Our dues are $20/year and well worth it.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:03 PM

Does anyone belong to the Guild in Phoenix, Az? I've heard of it but wasn't sure what all it does for quilters so I've never thought about joining. Do they also have smaller groups in other parts of town, like meetings in an area near where I live or do they have meetings in different places, like a different members' home every month? How often do they meet? I guess I have lots of questions about this subject.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:39 PM

Our dues are $40 a year and we almost always have a speaker. Some are guild members or from the area and once or twice a year we have a big name speaker. We have one or two workshops each month but the fees for these are in addition to our membership. Workshops can range in price from $5 (guild member led) to $60 for a workshop from one of our big name speakers.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:57 AM

$40. In return we rent space, have an enormous lending library and book speakers every month. Some are world class.
Mary Katherine
Old 06-12-2013, 03:14 AM

Our guild dues are $15.00 a year, well worth the cost. We have one fund raiser a year.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:39 AM
Power Poster

Our guild charges $1 a month for membership. We have terrific membership and excellent programs and classes for which there is no charge. The first year we have to pay $6.00 for our membership pin. If we don't have our pin on when we have a meeting (once a week) we have to pay a 50 cent fine. We end up giving 3 - $1,000 scholarships to local high school seniors. We have our own "cottage" where we pay a very small amount of rent. We learn to hand quilt and the guild has 6 sewing machines for members to use. We also can have classes on a different day other than the meeting day and there is also no charge. Every 2nd Saturday we also have a 4 hour get together where we can bring anything to work on and there is a senior quilter there to help us with any questions. Guess we have a great deal going.