Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
How much do you pay for yearly membership in your quilt guild? >

How much do you pay for yearly membership in your quilt guild?

How much do you pay for yearly membership in your quilt guild?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:05 AM

My guild is 20$ a year. We have so much going on.Quilt Fest is coming sooner then we thought. So worth the money to enjoy the friendship of these ladies. We learn,sew, oh yes and we Talk.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:11 AM

Our guild charges $20.00 a year, but is prorated. Personally, I'd prefer paying higher dues and not fool with the fund raisers which actually don't produce that much additional money. We basically meet, have show and tell, the raffles, and leave.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:16 AM

Our dues are $20 if you receive your monthly newsletter via e mail. We also make a raffle quilt every other year which pays enough to keep us going for 2 years. The majority of that goes to pay speakers. I enjoy my guild, many friends.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:30 AM

$50 a year and fundraiser quilts
Old 06-13-2013, 03:45 AM

Ours is $15. We have a big Quilt show/fundraiser every year to make money, and we make/donate hundreds of quilts to the needy.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:57 AM

Default Annual membershp

I belong to two quilt guilds in my area. One is $5 and the other $12. They are both worth the money. Wish we did more at one of them. The other one is so much more advanced and challenging.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:58 AM

Our guild is considering an increase from $15 to $20 per year and members are not happy...with the increasing costs of printing and postage for our newsletters I have no problem with this. For what we get for the buck, I am not opposed to the increase. Where else can you get a mini trunk show of show and share, learn to make a block of the month and keep the instructions for another use, fellowship with your friends and have monthly program speakers????
Old 06-13-2013, 04:17 AM

$20.00 and worth it.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:23 AM

$20.00 a year
Old 06-13-2013, 04:53 AM

Interesting reading on this thread! My local guild has around 400 members, $30 a year for dues, an extra $5 is charged to those who require a mailed copy of the monthly newsletter; the rest of us get it by email. Great speaker each month, a morning and an evening meeting with a workshop in between, paid for by participants. Meeting has a small amount of business to start with, then a great Show and Tell, followed by the speaker, who usually is very impressed by what was Shown and Told! A Quilt Show every other year raises some money, not sure of the amount. The mission of this guild is to help others and to share our skills. There is a guild committee called SOS, Share Our Skills, which receives donated fabric constantly, and is offered to the members at each meeting. Huge numbers of quilts are made by members and donated to several local institutions, care facilities, shelters, etc. The members are so encouraging and helpful to each other, and never have I seen any negativity. They are such good givers! Two retreats are held each year and they are always sold out early. I look forward each month to the meetings----I always learn something and see something new each meeting! Shop Talk is a part of each meeting where a representative from any quilt-related business in the area can come to say a few words, pass out brochures, coupons, etc. Good venue for a just-opening shop to get the word out. We meet in an American Legion hall, not sure if we pay to rent or not, but we have it for the whole day, 12+ hours. The board of the guild meets monthly in a rent-free neighborhood association building. Bus trips to area quilt shows are offered. Quilts of Valor is a part of this guild as well. A great group of men and women!