Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What is your favorite quilting music? >

What is your favorite quilting music?

What is your favorite quilting music?

Old 11-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Banned

I will have to check into that website.....I sew in my rec room.....We don't have any spare rooms in our house..lol... 5 rooms 6 kids? :shock: SO I can see out the windows and slider to my back yard...kids playing and computers are in the same room....I could handle quilting 24/7! :mrgreen:
Old 11-19-2009, 03:58 AM

I listen to Earlene Fowler mysteries - she always wanted to be a quilter, but couldn't get the hang of it so she named her books after quilt blocks.

These are not mysteries, but are very good - Nancy E. Turner "These is my Words", "Sarah's Quilt" and "The Star Garden". Read in that order~
I like the Jennifer Chiaverini books. Being that I do the audio-book route, there are less books in that genre than in regular books. And that is too bad. I am just not one to sit and read. I find no real enjoyment there. It is like I have to get up all the time for this or that. And I lose my attention! When my husband hears the cd player on, he knows I am sewing and all's well! There was a good story I listened to. It is not particularly quilting, but it is a good mystery. "Stitches in Time" by Barbara Michaels. If you really don't need a mystery try "The Art of Racing in the Rain". Very good book. Also, "The Girls", any of Richard Paul Evans books, Tracie Peterson, Nicholas Sparks. All are available in Audio Book form. Just finished all of Richard Paul Evans books. So good.
I always start with the very first book. Sometimes they intermingle. I like that. Jennifer Chiaverini does that. I become part of the "family" when I listen to books and going back to different people is like hearing about a long lost relative "Oh, yah, I remember her/him". Right now I am listening to "Dashing Thru the Snow" by Carol Higgins Clark. She and her mother Mary Higgins Clark write mystery stories that are so much fun to listen to. They have a collection of six Christmas stories. Good writing also. Start at the beginning of the collection.

Well, I hope that helped you a little bit. If I could find more books, I certainly would listen to them. I have a book that I list every book I listen to and then I know if it was good or not and would or would not recommend it. Which actually does not make a whole lot of sense because what is good for one may not be good for the other.

Our library has a sale all the time on old cd's, tapes, and books. And whenever there is a cd or tape book, I buy it. I have enough to read probably for the rest of my life. I just don't want to see them thrown away. Check your library for that. Our library sells them for 50 cents each. Can't beat that one.

Good sewing and good listening! Edie :wink:
Old 11-19-2009, 04:20 AM
Banned

I usually have the TV on to Forensic Files, or The Investigators. Music-wise I have everything from Dan Fogelberg (my favorite) to Opera Babes. No rap, no hard rock. Lots of foreign language music.
Old 11-19-2009, 07:27 AM

My local PBS station has a blues show both Saturday and Sunday from 6 pm until midnight. At least some portion of the weekend I spend enjoying "Blues and Bernina"!
Old 11-20-2009, 06:00 PM

waylon jennings, willie nelson and johnny cash. preferably all together.

also emmy lou harris.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:36 PM
Banned

I listen to a little bit of everything but right now I would say Frank Sinatra, Dino, Sammy Davis JR, Judy Garland, Ella Fitzgerald, and Louis Armstrong are the ones that I am listening to the most.

Billy
Old 11-20-2009, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by mountain-moma
I listen to Gospel love it,love it and gospel bluegrass
Same here, love Gaither, can sing along with them. If I do anything that ya have to concentrate on it must be quiet.....or I can't remember what I'm doing. It's called age :cry:
Old 11-21-2009, 03:47 AM

More often than not I have my favourite Star Trek DVDs on the tv.

Old 11-21-2009, 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
waylon jennings, willie nelson and johnny cash. preferably all together.
also emmy lou harris.
to: butterflywing

I would say that you are a country music fan...lolololo

maryjane
Old 11-21-2009, 04:40 AM

I am getting my Christmas music out now, to start after the first of the month. I love Mannheim Steamroller, Il Divo, Josh Groban, Jim Brickman, Chris Botti and Windham Hill. Actually anything that comes across the pike that smells of Christmas music, I love it! Have it in the kitchen, in the living room, in the car. It's a wonder season with wonder music! Edie