Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Recipes
Favorite Juicer recipes?? >

Favorite Juicer recipes??

Favorite Juicer recipes??

Old 05-26-2013, 01:18 PM

We do 2 oranges, 1 apple, celery(3 stalks), 1/2 english cucumber, 1/2 red pepper, 3 carrots and an inch of ginger root. Yummo
Old 05-26-2013, 01:59 PM

I did get the LeQuip juicer and love it. I can add a handful of food at one time and it's done parsley, mint and kale with no trouble. I made a green drink I really like. It's 1 apple, 1/2 cucumber, 1 stalk celery, 1/2 lime, 1 inch piece of fresh ginger, and I added 2 kale leaves . It tasted like limeade to me. Next time I'm going to add crushed ice, put it in a pretty glass and drink it with a straw. What fun.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:39 AM

My DH did a lot of research before we bought ours. We ended up with an Omega. It is a masticator not just one that uses centrifugal force to extract the juice. We already had to replace the plastic strainer with the metal one- apparently we didn't cut the really hard stuff small enough. I always get the grunt work- cleaning and cutting. Don't mind much until I get to the beets. Gross! Wll force down the juice if I have to, but yuck!
Old 05-27-2013, 05:19 AM

! Wll force down the juice if I have to, but yuck![/QUOTE]

Is it just the beets you don't like? Haven't tried them yet. Otherwise I love the juice. It's so refreshing and so healthy.
I've only had the centrifugal juicer. The others were higher priced. I think the Omega got a good rating in that price range.
Old 05-27-2013, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt-Till-U-Wilt View Post
! Wll force down the juice if I have to, but yuck!
Is it just the beets you don't like? Haven't tried them yet. Otherwise I love the juice. It's so refreshing and so healthy.
I've only had the centrifugal juicer. The others were higher priced. I think the Omega got a good rating in that price range.[/QUOTE]
Yes, just the beets. I hate them and they make such a mess when scrubbing and the juice stains everything. I have liked the other juices we've made- especially with fresh ginger in them. Can't wait for fresh produce from the Farmer's Markets.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:17 AM

I love the fresh ginger. I decided to freeze mine so it would keep. Unfortunately I froze it in one piece so now I have to saw it over and over with a sharp knife to get a piece off. Next time I'll slice it before I freeze it.
Old 06-14-2013, 12:13 PM

I love anything with berries in it. I like to put together a variety of berries, s/a strawberries, blueberries, boysenberries, etc. and then add a leaf, or two of Tuscan kale. You can't really taste the kale, exactly. It just adds a depth of flavor...tastes kind of like the forest. A mint sprig is nice to add too.

~ Cindy
Old 06-14-2013, 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by Quilt-Till-U-Wilt View Post
I love the fresh ginger. I decided to freeze mine so it would keep. Unfortunately I froze it in one piece so now I have to saw it over and over with a sharp knife to get a piece off. Next time I'll slice it before I freeze it.
I peel the skin off a big ginger piece, cut them into manageable pieces, run in the blender without adding any water, lay flat on a plate and freeze. Take out, cut them into 1" pieces and pack them in a Ziplock, re freeze. That way you get a supply of ginger for a long time !
I always add lemon and ginger to whatever juice I make. Tastes refreshing and yummy !
Old 06-20-2013, 06:46 AM

I only like strawberry shake. I like strawberries and I really like to drink strawberry shake.
Old 07-08-2013, 08:19 AM

Originally Posted by marvek32 View Post
I only like strawberry shake. I like strawberries and I really like to drink strawberry shake.

[TABLE="width: 635"]
[TR]
[TD="width: 635"]online tutorial | study abroad program | distance learning courses[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]