Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT >

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

Old 06-16-2013, 06:53 PM

luvstoquilt I'm with you on that bench. Hopefully we won't be here long.
segasal I'm sure this time is the charm.
Old 06-16-2013, 07:21 PM
Power Poster

Waiting with the rest of you. Read that several packages went out yesterday so we should be receiving our package soon.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:29 AM

I'm on bench too but mail haven't come yet today....I have had really good luck with my SP's and hopefully this month will be the same LOL
Old 06-17-2013, 05:42 AM

I forgot to say but I mailed my packages out last Friday, one is going to my home state and I can't remember where the other one is going. Had the packages in the back of the truck forever, then when I finally went to the post office to mail them, I didn't have a label on them. Duh me!!!! Had to many things going on at once, Dh had surgery, had a garage sale, had company from out of state. Anyway my SP's should get there package today. So Sorry it took so long. Bad Bad Verna
Old 06-17-2013, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
Thanks for all your feedback. I just wasn't sure what I should do.
I just sent her a message asking if she had received and reminder her about sending you and I a message. Lori
Old 06-17-2013, 07:32 AM

Now ladies, it is much too early to be bench sitting! Saturday was the last mail date -- give the Post Office a few days to get the packages moved across the country!

Now with that being said, I returned home from holiday on Saturday and picked up the mail today to find an absolutely delightful package from QuiltingDragon! I thought I was the queen of padded flat envelope stuffing, but she has me beat hands-down. Pulling items out was like those little clown cars at the circus, they just kept coming and coming.

And such a thoughful package as well. She even sent "unmeltable" chocolate -- a sucker with a hard candy shell with chocolate in the middle. Ingenious!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]419528[/ATTACH]
Lovely fabrics in blue and green, Turning 20 pattern book, a Christmas pattern, needles, thread, lip balm, 2 suckers, an angel keychain, cat treats, incense in lovely scents, a novel by an author I'm unfamilar with (always a treat), a magnetic bowl she said is "cat proof" -- we'll see about that!, a purple "thang", and the item on the lower right is a journal covered in fun cat fabric. She really did manage to stuff everything I hoped for plus a whole lot of other things in that envelope. Thank you so very much, QuiltingDragon!
Oops! I left something out. A small angel plaque that says "pin your hopes on God" -- really cute.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419530[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	quiltingdragon SP.jpg
Views:	205
Size:	209.1 KB
ID:	419528   Click image for larger version

Name:	quiltingdragon SP1.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	25.0 KB
ID:	419530  

Last edited by Belfrybat; 06-17-2013 at 07:48 AM.
Old 06-17-2013, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

Very nice swap belfrybat. Thanks for posting a photo.pretty fabrics love the journal cover. Mary
Old 06-17-2013, 08:44 AM

Great package Belfrybat. Love the Snoopy card too!
Old 06-17-2013, 08:53 AM

I am posting what I sent my secret pal since I noticed she hasn't responded here from last week and I am proud of what I made and want to share!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]419541[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]419542[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]419543[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]419544[/ATTACH]
So, this was the first time a made a scissor fob and I really like it...I put a teapot on it since that is what she likes and her initial. When I have time I am going to go back and make one for myself! I also for the first time made a pincushionn with a mason jar. Probably yall have done that before but a first for me...she collects pincushions and pins, so I also made a beaded pin. I guess I should be making these things for myself too cause I sure do like them. I also sent various other items such as a small sticky roller, a package of binder clips, a small keyring flash light, QNM, and a small handheld beanbag that you warm in the microwave....they feel good on sore hands after quilting! Anyway, you can see the items.....I had fun and hope to participate in the future. Oh! The little pink heart squishy toy is for her little dachsund!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Scissor fob 2.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	419541   Click image for larger version

Name:	Scissor fob.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	419542   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jar Pincushion.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	288.7 KB
ID:	419543   Click image for larger version

Name:	Swap I Sent.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	419544  
Old 06-17-2013, 10:17 AM

Well last week I asked the other half to mail my package on Friday... and behold where did I find it yersterday? Yuppers you guessed it... in the VAN! Ugh!!! Men!! So anyways, I got up and took my sunburned migraine headache-y self to the PO this am & sent it on it's way!! Good think I pop for Priority Mail with my SP packages LOL. The expected date of delivery is 6/19.

Now I know my SP has had me in past but this the 1st time for me to her. You are southeast of me and have pets. You like a color that is the opposite of me but like one of the same candies as me. Your candy is also in another one of your favorite candies. Your collect theses but there is a good chance you might not have one of these ... .
You like doing this but prefer this way to the other.

Can You guess who you are? You should know by weeks end if you are right.

Sincerely,
Tricia