Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Please share your applique tips ( Steam & Seam) >

Please share your applique tips ( Steam & Seam)

Please share your applique tips ( Steam & Seam)

Old 01-30-2011, 09:48 AM

When I use Steam a Seam, if I want the applique softer. I trace the applique pattern on the paper side and cut it out. Then i cut the center of the design out leaving about a 1/4 inch wide outline of the Steam a Seam and fuse it to the fabric. Then I cut the fabrit to the outside os the Steam a Seam and peal off the paper and fuse to the block. This leaves the center "loose" and yet I can still stitch around the applique.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:10 PM
Gal

Thank you everyone for all your tips, I have a better idea now what to watch out for, I had not heard of the 'window' expression, it is a bit of a mine field out there with so many different products to chose from and more coming onto the market all the time, some times the old tried and true methods just can't be beat and then along comes a new product which wipes the floor with the old ones, as is always the case it pays to experiment with them all and find the one which suits your particular project, thanks again all!

Gal
Old 06-21-2013, 10:31 AM

Did you love using Steam-a-Seam 2? Warm Company will be releasing the New & Improved Steam-a-Seam product line - same great product with new release paper. Like the Warm Company on Facebook and complete the entry form to win a 12", 18" or 24" by 25 yd bolt of New Lite Steam-A-Seam 2! It's the Steam-A-Seam Give-A-Way contest!
Old 06-21-2013, 10:34 AM
Power Poster

I buy the steam-a-seam 2 from Joann in the 8x11 packets and find a lot of glue transfer on the paper side. That of course makes its way to my iron. I either use a teflon sheet to protect the iron OR I use USED dryer sheets to clean off the glue. (Just run the hot iron over the sheets until the gunk is gone.)