Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT >

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

Old 06-22-2013, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Sorry, but no. It is going much farther north than you. Actually part of the province it is going to is above the Artic Circle! Brrrrr. I didn't make it to the bench this time but would have loved some of the dried Codfish. Someone once sent me some hardfiskur from Iceland and I loved it! If you ever get me as your SP, skip the chocolate and send fish!
I have no idea who my sp is, but I am still on the bench, since no pkg in the mail today.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:43 AM

You have company on the bench ... though not sure about the dried cod
Old 06-22-2013, 02:04 PM

great packages! That box of buttons and trinkets looks like fun to me too. I don't officially collect them but I do pick some up from time to time, especially if I see some that are unusual or interesting or too cute to pass up. Hmm maybe I'm an occasional collector. but I like anything that is fun too! Well hopefully packages get delivered next week the month is waning.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by Nancy in Louisiana View Post
You have company on the bench ... though not sure about the dried cod
I wonder if we are the only 2left? Many that were on the bench received this wk. Next week everyone should have gotten a pkg. I have patients and can wait a little longer. I can only bring the rhubarb and cod, waiting for the lobster and crabs to pick up. DD hauled 90 traps and only got 9 lobsters, thats won't even begin to cover expenses. It will be better hopefully in a couple of wks.
Old 06-22-2013, 02:31 PM

I am seriously considering the July Swap....I have to wait to see if a few more things fall into place. Such great Packages everyone is getting...
Old 06-22-2013, 03:08 PM

So nice to see so many packages with the theme QUALITY rather then quantity, things are so pretty and useful and such great packages... Didn't know they had white peanut butter cups, will have to put that on my want list... and yummy on the peach jam, told my husband we need to go to the market this week and get some peaches so I can make some jam.. Made Rhubarb/cranberry last week... Have a wee tip for those who wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep... Grab a teaspoon and the Peanut butter jar... Get yourself a heaping teaspoon ( nicely rounded) and just slowly nibble away on it and then go back to bed... Works for me... Try it may help you also... Waiting for the next SP sign up... Have a great Sunday...
Old 06-22-2013, 03:58 PM

Finally success in getting my pictures loaded. New camera and software
So here are pictures of the awesome goodies I received from my June swap partner crafty darlene. I apologize Darlene for taking so much time in getting these posted. Thanks for all the wonderful things you chose for my package, I loved each each and every item that you sent.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420567[/ATTACH] This pic shows 2 vintage quilting magazines, some free project pages, a word search puzzle book, a seam ripper (which I always seem to misplace), a pkt of flower seeds, a very pretty book marker, and a marking pencil.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420568[/ATTACH] This pic shows set of 3 ink pens, a book called "Threads of Love" a four-in-one-collection, a notepad, a memo pad, deluxe needle threader (will be good for my "aging eyes") and a beautiful note card with info from Darlene.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]420569[/ATTACH]This last pic shows a wonderful quilt kit. It is a "Quilt of the Season" Lone Star in beautiful soft pastels. Boy I love this. A soft luxurious feeling blue printed fabric (looks like a yard) from Feathered Friends by Wendy Slotboom for In the Beginning fabrics, a very soft snow white towel that has a beautiful embroidered butterfly motif done by Darlene. Thanks again Darlene for your wonderful choices.
Patsy
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	6-22-2013pm resized.JPG
Views:	148
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	420567   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6220031resized.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	420568   Click image for larger version

Name:	P6220032resized.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	112.4 KB
ID:	420569  
Old 06-22-2013, 05:21 PM

Default June SP Wanda Lou ...

Take a look at all the wonderful goodies I received from Wanda Lou! I love the fabric, and the purse pattern is a new one to me and I'm anxious to start in on it. I LOVE the new "Sew-It" and "Quilt-It" publications, and Wanda Lou sent me the newest issue of Sew-It. I also received thread, lotion, tissue, chopsticks, clips,notecards, and a great little golf tee pin cushion which I really like. She also included a visitors' guide to Sculpture that can be viewed in the city of Hamilton, OH -- very interesting.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	070.JPG
Views:	455
Size:	168.1 KB
ID:	420581  
Old 06-22-2013, 11:52 PM

Glad you liked everything, feel free to pass on anything you can't use I like to pass on magazines myself after i photo copy any patterns I want and put in a binder.

I like making bags too and plan to make that pattern also. Enjoy!
Old 06-23-2013, 12:00 AM

Sharon I would welcome you, I just love trinkets and treasures, buttons and bows.
I remember playing in my granny's button box as a child.

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt View Post
Wandalou I love that little round box full of buttons, etc. If I lived nearby I would ask if I could play with it for a little while!

Great packages coming in..easy to see a lot of thought is going into the boxes or envelopes! I love looking at the pictures. Thank you, Lori, for making this swap so much fun. I know it has got to be a LOT of hard work!!!