Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0  Signups now CLOSED :) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Old 06-24-2013, 12:58 PM

Didnt Brat want in on the fast small group? I was thinking she did....If you need another for the fast small I can do two of those and maybe a slow small too? I cant do two fast and one large...thats a bit much I think. Let me know....Hope we get enough for the fast small.
Old 06-24-2013, 02:16 PM

April, I'm flexible. If you can't fill up the large group, I can do 4 small with one being a fast small or can be in two smalls twice. Did I confuse anyone?
Old 06-24-2013, 02:41 PM

Your description gave me a case of 'wander-lust'..... We talk about retiring out of California, but as long as the kids and grandkids are here, I guess we will be also. Snow is pretty in Christmas cards, but I am not sure we could handle the cold.

What a great adventure for you. Happy unpacking and making it home!

hugs, Jup

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
We arrived in Wyoming last night, in one piece more or less lol, the cats think moving SUCKS and let us know a good part of the drive then they got silent and glared the rest of the time. The drive was beautiful in so many ways. Leaving CA was tough the sierra's hold a special part of my heart, Nevada stark but beautiful in its own way, Utah interesting, full moon over salt flats made for pink/lavender flats very striking, then Provo is so green and attractive if I was rich I might even want to live there, onto Wyoming where the views coming down across the great divide are breathtaking, to green fields and farm land with mountains on each side, a river of some sort around every bend.. now here at Jaba's resting up a tiny bit before we head over to the new place to unpack. Jan made us a killer dinner last night which I so had been craving.. home cooked food. sigh.. heaven! I am excited to unpack and START SEWING AGAIN!!!
Old 06-24-2013, 02:48 PM

Yes, I stuck a sticker on each F8 requesting solids or tone on tones. I am a long arm quilter and I want a lot of non-busy space to do some quilting stitches.

hugs, Jup

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Jupitar - ♥ LOVE ♥ your fabric - love brights - are your going to request solids/tone on tones with it?
Old 06-24-2013, 03:03 PM

We have a Boston Terrier (terror, lol!) named Trixie. She is a 4 year old female whose first Grandma owner had to go into a home due to dementia. So, we adopted her from that family. I have never ever seen a dog so bent on licking everyone she sees. Since we got her in November 2012 she has calmed down a lot, but still a fun handful to play with. Bostons really are great doggies. (Trixie is our 3rd in my lifetime).

hugs, Jup
Old 06-24-2013, 04:18 PM

Jupiter, if you don't mind my asking, where in CA? And Elisabrat, where in Wy? We are in The So Cal desert ( hot, hot, hot..great gardening if you can afford the water bill) and DH is considering moving someplace with piney woods. Your description of WY sounded like somewhere we might like.
Old 06-24-2013, 04:42 PM
Power Poster

I am still stuck as what to do for the second small swap. One part of me thinks it would be fun to have people make blocks that represent their state but what neutral back ground would I send? KONA white? Also I am a sucker for Civil War fabrics or 1930 reproduction but I am not sure if everyone has that on hand. What about sending different floral/rose fabrics and trying to gather blocks for a shabby chic quilt? My problem is I like scrappy but there needs to be some cohesiveness to tie it all together.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:08 PM

It's really hard to get 8 pieces out of 1 yard. You actually get closer to 6 cuts, due to the selvedge edges.
Old 06-24-2013, 05:31 PM

Sounds like we're getting close to having our groups filled!

I finally picked a fabric and ordered it. (It was tough deciding!) It should arrive on Friday and there's enough extra so I can add some of it to the sashing or whatever I use to finish it off for the top to appear cohesive. I HOPE. I chose a black fabric with small white flowers that will probably read as grey. (I'm trying to upload a pic with no success; I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Oh, well.) I'll request that brights be used, solids or patterns should work. I think that will be pretty easy for everyone.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:22 PM

April, I did send an e-mail but just to cover my bases I want to be in a small slow group.