Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT >

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

June Secret Pal Swap Signup Closes May 31st 4pm CDT

Old 06-27-2013, 08:11 AM

Well I'm home from taking the other half to the hospital this am for a minor colonscopy and I half that he can eat today lol. He was a bit cranky yesterday as you imagen. But nothing in the mail today. . So I guess I'll continue sitting in my rocker, adding to this mornings applique work. Son has Scouts tonight and I may take it with then too.

Toodles,
Tricia
Old 06-27-2013, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Yankeegirl View Post
No word from my SP - USPS says it was delivered - hope it made into the right hands. Won't be participating in July - I have to say I am bummed not hearing anything. Its disappointing to say the least. Hubby on vacation in July and I have other swaps I need to focus on. See you all in August!
I didn't hear from mine either and put extra effort into June...oh well hope shes alright, said she had a camera...
Old 06-27-2013, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR View Post
I didn't hear from mine either and put extra effort into June...oh well hope shes alright, said she had a camera...
I understand that life happens and things come up. I really do. Or even vacation. So I am remaining hopeful that I will hear something so that I know my effort was appreciated and that my SP is ok. I love this swap and I will be back in August for sure. Maybe we will be partners someday and if so I promise to thank you profusely LOL !!
Old 06-27-2013, 09:31 AM

Honestly I really am amazed so many did not hear from their partner! That is just rude....they obviously were able to email the hostess to be signed up. I understand that some might have taken ill, etc...but you would think that would be a rare case. I put so much in my secret pals package, I just don't understand....maybe people should not participate if they don't want to thank their partner AND take the time to post to the forum. I understand if they can't post photos, but a thank you to the forum with what they received...really? Someone has just sent you a FREE package of goodies AND paid postage (postage alone on the package i sent was $8!) and no response? I don't understand. That is why I am not participating again...it has been a one time deal for me....
Old 06-27-2013, 09:34 AM

I do want to say that I loved what my SP sent to me, I posted pics immediately, sent an effusive PM, etc... I think I must have lucked out. So, the SP that sent to me was wonderful....don't want you to think that contributed to my decision.

Also the offer still stands that I will happily send a SP package to anyone if it happens someone does not receive one for June.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:54 PM

Cogito, and others who haven't had a "thank you" from your SPs. Have you PMed them? That is what I would do: PM the person and ask if they received their package, and if so, you'd like a response AND PM Lori to see if she has heard from them. We are to let her know when we receive. Lori is able to put a bit of pressure of folks (in a nice way, of course). My first swap, I dutifully PMed the sender and Lori at the same time. Neither PMs went through, even though they were in my "sent" box. I don't think the sender ever believed I had thanked her, even though I send a copy of the sent PM. But I agree that those kinds of things are once-in-a-while events and to have so many this month is strange.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:17 PM
Power Poster

Cogito, so sorry you won't be in the swap again. Wish you could give it another try. Remember not to let one bad apple spoil your fun. Ok? The rest of us really try hard. Maybe you'll join another time.Hugs Mary
Old 06-27-2013, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Belfrybat View Post
Cogito, and others who haven't had a "thank you" from your SPs. Have you PMed them? That is what I would do: PM the person and ask if they received their package, and if so, you'd like a response AND PM Lori to see if she has heard from them. We are to let her know when we receive. Lori is able to put a bit of pressure of folks (in a nice way, of course). My first swap, I dutifully PMed the sender and Lori at the same time. Neither PMs went through, even though they were in my "sent" box. I don't think the sender ever believed I had thanked her, even though I send a copy of the sent PM. But I agree that those kinds of things are once-in-a-while events and to have so many this month is strange.
Belfrybat,
i actually did finally hear from my SP after Lori contacted. A fairly cursory TY and never anything on the forum which is why I posted it myself. I did not know btw that pm's sometimes don't go through! That certainly puts a wrinkle in things doesnt it. I hope that too is pretty rare. Do you think there could have been some user error...say message was typed but forgot to hit send? I did that once when I first started.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
Cogito, so sorry you won't be in the swap again. Wish you could give it another try. Remember not to let one bad apple spoil your fun. Ok? The rest of us really try hard. Maybe you'll join another time.Hugs Mary
Mary, thank you for your kind words! I feel warm n fuzzy now.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:35 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Cogito View Post
Mary, thank you for your kind words! I feel warm n fuzzy now.
Good will you try again ????