Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0  Signups now CLOSED :) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0 Signups now CLOSED :)

Old 06-28-2013, 04:28 AM

Terriamn, I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. There are lots of patterns that will lend themselves to a large print. But feel free to post a picture! I love seeing everyone's "before" fabric.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:02 AM

I think you should send a fabric you love. Period. We will work with whatever prints are sent! even solids sometimes! its all good- it helps teach everyone how to work with all sorts of a variety of prints and sometimes its out of a persons comfort zone but amazingly enough you find you can make something you truly like in the end. So send away!

I love your fabric Quiltermomma, I was instantly thinking the center of those flowers would make a bright sparkle not too yellow but enough to lighten things up. also the green has a couple shades to it just use the lighter one

I am also tapping fingers and toes. I seem to do this often. I wrote my notes today keeping things simple and always anyone is free to PM me with questions if your stuck on what to do. See how wonderful that PM is?

annaquilts did you enjoy your camp out with the family? I was thinking of you and your road trip (she had a ton of people and a dog in one vehicle) and wonder if yours went smoother than mine did?

Today is a gorgeous day, I cut fabric last night and will try to sew before its too hot. hot is an understatement in the 90's. ugh. I do NOT do hot. I put up 2 gallons of fresh strawberries last night from Jaba. They have this garden to envy. Seriously envy! Her DH can grow anything I think he is that good.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:45 AM

Sisa-I did not get an email from you. Would you please resend it to [email protected] ? Thanks so much looking forward to having you in the swap.
Please remember to send what you love as the brat has already stated You want to get something back that you will enjoy for years to come!
Hugs
April
Old 06-28-2013, 05:52 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
annaquilts did you enjoy your camp out with the family? I was thinking of you and your road trip (she had a ton of people and a dog in one vehicle) and wonder if yours went smoother than mine did?
Yes we did. The dog did not vomit, the weather was perfect and the kids behaved wonderfully. We also stayed a couple of days with a friend. Bless their hearts, they have only two little kids but have us stay with them a day or so every year as we drive up and as we drive down.
Old 06-28-2013, 07:10 AM

Yeah! It's payday. I can get the backing for my Boom 9 quilt . . . and the batting for one of my UFOs I finally finished . . . and material for one of the slow small Boom 10 groups (because I won't let my GD use my stash. Now I have to buy new. What's wrong with this picture?). . . and white thread to finish quilting my table runner. Oh my, my quilting life revolves around my paydays.

Word of advice to the newbes. This is my second boom and the mistakes I made are still fresh in my mind. Here are some of them.

Make sure you figure out a system to mark which fabric belongs to who and when it comes in. Don't open that envelope untill you have time to follow through and mark your spread sheet . . . then mark the material (I found that attaching the envelope or the return address from the envelope worked for me.)

Most swappers will mark their grownup blocks when they send them to you. If they don't, figure out a way to mark them. Again, I cut the return address from the envelope and pinned it to the block. This is going to be really handy if you screw up your spreadsheet. Anyone want to guess how I know that?

When they come in figure out a process that works for you. I know some of you didn't open the envelopes until you were ready to work on the material. Curiosity killed the cat . . . and me. I had to open. So I again pinned the envelope to the material and stacked them first come first serve . . . mostly . . . except for the ones with faces that I had a hard time cutting through.

I have all my material in their envelopes and waiting for addresses. I chose to do holiday lap quilts this time so I have 5 different holidays going out. I'm going to offer my swappers a choice of holidays. First come first serve.

Christmas and Patriotic have different material. So I won't know who gets what on those holidays. It will be a surprise for both my swapper and me.

How much longer do we have to wait! :-(
Old 06-28-2013, 07:12 AM

These are the two fabrics I am going to use for Boom 10. The Pooh Bear is for my 2 year old great grandson and the Red Riding Hood is for my 5 year old great granddaughter...hopefully for Christmas! Just found out theres going to be another ggrandkid in October but not sure what it will be yet. Off to go camping for the weekend..hope its going to cool off here in Mo like they say it is!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Boom 10.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	365.0 KB
ID:	421514  
Old 06-28-2013, 07:54 AM

Great tips, ArizonaKAT. One thing I would add if you receive a finished block that has the sender's information pinned to it, remove that info before you take a picture and post it on the board, so no one's personal information gets out for all to see.

Joan, your fairytale fabric is adorable! That gingerbread man is running for his life!

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
Yeah! It's payday. I can get the backing for my Boom 9 quilt . . . and the batting for one of my UFOs I finally finished . . . and material for one of the slow small Boom 10 groups (because I won't let my GD use my stash. Now I have to buy new. What's wrong with this picture?). . . and white thread to finish quilting my table runner. Oh my, my quilting life revolves around my paydays.

Word of advice to the newbes. This is my second boom and the mistakes I made are still fresh in my mind. Here are some of them.

Make sure you figure out a system to mark which fabric belongs to who and when it comes in. Don't open that envelope untill you have time to follow through and mark your spread sheet . . . then mark the material (I found that attaching the envelope or the return address from the envelope worked for me.)

Most swappers will mark their grownup blocks when they send them to you. If they don't, figure out a way to mark them. Again, I cut the return address from the envelope and pinned it to the block. This is going to be really handy if you screw up your spreadsheet. Anyone want to guess how I know that?

When they come in figure out a process that works for you. I know some of you didn't open the envelopes until you were ready to work on the material. Curiosity killed the cat . . . and me. I had to open. So I again pinned the envelope to the material and stacked them first come first serve . . . mostly . . . except for the ones with faces that I had a hard time cutting through.

I have all my material in their envelopes and waiting for addresses. I chose to do holiday lap quilts this time so I have 5 different holidays going out. I'm going to offer my swappers a choice of holidays. First come first serve.

Christmas and Patriotic have different material. So I won't know who gets what on those holidays. It will be a surprise for both my swapper and me.

Old 06-28-2013, 08:06 AM

I have tons of xmas and patriotic, also Valentine's, Halloween and St. Patty's, no easter or thanksgiving. What holidays are you doing? sounds like a fun idea
Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post

Old 06-28-2013, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
These are the two fabrics I am going to use for Boom 10. The Pooh Bear is for my 2 year old great grandson and the Red Riding Hood is for my 5 year old great granddaughter...hopefully for Christmas! Just found out theres going to be another ggrandkid in October but not sure what it will be yet. Off to go camping for the weekend..hope its going to cool off here in Mo like they say it is!
Love your fabric!!!! We are going camping this weekend too!!Lots of fun going with my son his wife and my granddaughter. cant wait.
Old 06-28-2013, 01:18 PM

Forgot about Valentine's day. Guess I'm getting old :-(

I have Easter, Patriotic, Thanksgiving, Christmas and St. Patrick's Day. Hope you're in my group. I didn't expect anyone to have St. Pat's fabric but me.

Originally Posted by oldcatlady View Post
I have tons of xmas and patriotic, also Valentine's, Halloween and St. Patty's, no easter or thanksgiving. What holidays are you doing? sounds like a fun idea