Round Robin Perfect 10's

Old 06-30-2013, 08:04 PM

MamaHauser finally talked me into joining a rr. She's been trying for a few years to get me to try one. I'm in if there is still space.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:49 AM

Welcome terianddylan. Send your info to MamaHauser. Everyone that has asked so far will be able to join. Be sure and send your info to MamaHauser.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:59 AM

MamaHauser and paperpieceme......thanks so much for helping Sherry. We should have a lot of fun!
Old 07-01-2013, 03:37 AM

Hello all!

I'm just finishing up a Row Robin with ssnare,
MaryLane and Wonnie which has been fun. Looking forward to adding some new people to the mix. Welcome!

I'm an RN too, nearly 20 years now. I work in cardiac/telemetry and oncology. I've been sewing since I was 10 years old and have been quilting 30+ years. I owned a quilt shop in IL for 5 years which was quite an experience. Now I'm back in Southern California. Much happier here. I'm not much for applique or hand work. For me, binding is one of those 'necessary chores' LOL

I'm still trying to decide on my center block. I'm think an Autumn theme but not sure. What is everyone else thinking??

Jane
Old 07-01-2013, 04:01 AM

I meant to add that I have 2 grown children; my son is 28 and my daughter is 24. I've been single for several years. I'm 52 and enjoy swing dancing to big band music. Aaahhh, Sinatra and Benny Goodman. I also go sailing and enjoy traveling whenever I can.

This Round Robin seems to be growing by leaps and bounds!

Jane
Old 07-01-2013, 06:59 AM

I am a transplant survivor! and currently waiting for another transplant but I hear the waiting list in Montana is half the length of time that CA has. This is extremely lucky for me. I love quilting, cooking and having lots of quiet time. My cats are my close companions. I am not great at all with applique. I use it more for wall hangings and things that dont need tons of washing. I love piecing blocks however and playing with lots of color. This swap excites me because I will work on quilts that are not necessarily something I might make myself and the variety of styles is always a learning experience. I find I am surprised at how many things I end up liking that I would previously have said no thank you to making. I cant wait til the teams are up and running and hope everyone is up for some goofy chatter. I am grand at goofy. I figure you only live once (or in my case twice) so why not enjoy the time you have?
Old 07-01-2013, 07:55 AM

Brat, what kind of transplant did you have and what kind are you waiting for?

I am still trying to figure out what my center will be. I have several different panels. One is Oriental. I also have a flower center that I made when I first learned how to applique that I have not gotten to do. I might even do one of my cross stitched pieces.
Elisabrat, I think I purchased musical guitar fat quarters from you and found more of the same fabric, which I have sent out in different boom swaps. I now have 48 blocks to make my son a quilt. He graduated from college in Dec. with music degree. He plays guitar and drums and wants to set up sound systems for various groups.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:54 AM

i am excited to be joining in on this one, i have done a bunch of doll quilt swaps and a couple of mug rugs and a boomerang swap. i was looking at fabric this morning to decide what the center of this one might be. tempted to try a couple of different things but who knows. I also am starting a mystery quilt on my own, i printed a free mystery from the internet and handed DH all but the first clue and cutting instructions, i told him not to give me the next step until have this step done. well off to pick the kids up from summer school.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:15 PM

Wow ladies - I know you will have a ball with this. We sure are having fun with the one I am in with Jaba, Brat and TheMamaHouser
Old 07-01-2013, 05:04 PM

TheMamaHauser used her mad convincing skills on me yet again. I'm in.