Round Robin Perfect 10's

Old 07-01-2013, 05:34 PM

After thinking about it, I probably need to sit this one out. I'm in the middle of remodeling my home office/craft room, then the new Boomerang swap and Christmas projects will be taking over, and I don't want to over-commit. I'll catch y'all next time, though.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:36 PM

Ssnare I had a liver transplant 14 months ago and am awaiting a kidney. there was a bit of hope it might come back but well they didnt so I am on Stanfords list and hoping to get on one in Montana also. the more the merrier! I sorta had multi organ failure all at once.. gall bladder is gone now too.. I am ready to say thank you! I have had enough now! like give me a salad plate of troubles not a dinner platter! lol it is what is is is my motto. I am lucky. that is an absolute truth. This living thing.. its not over rated.

onto fun things! Dragonfly you forgot Nexxus also! one big happy family.. now we can be a bunch of big happy families!
Old 07-01-2013, 05:45 PM

Paula are you going to join us in this one too? Come on we need you, we joined you....
Old 07-01-2013, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
I am a transplant survivor! and currently waiting for another transplant but I hear the waiting list in Montana is half the length of time that CA has. This is extremely lucky for me. I love quilting, cooking and having lots of quiet time. My cats are my close companions. I am not great at all with applique. I use it more for wall hangings and things that dont need tons of washing. I love piecing blocks however and playing with lots of color. This swap excites me because I will work on quilts that are not necessarily something I might make myself and the variety of styles is always a learning experience. I find I am surprised at how many things I end up liking that I would previously have said no thank you to making. I cant wait til the teams are up and running and hope everyone is up for some goofy chatter. I am grand at goofy. I figure you only live once (or in my case twice) so why not enjoy the time you have?
Goodness Brat I had no idea! Bless your heart. I am happy you are one strong chickee! This is my first time on this swap..looking forward to it.
Old 07-01-2013, 06:50 PM

AmyB, glad you are in. I was going to help "Mama"(that is what I am going to call TheMamaHauser, because it is too long to type every time) to twist your arm. LOL.
Moonrise, we will miss you. But we understand.
Brat, I am glad you are hanging in there.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:14 PM

yes Jaba, I am going to play- Kelly just accepted me.
I think we still need 4 more to make a full group .....

Last edited by Dragonfly Nana; 07-01-2013 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by ssnare View Post
AmyB, glad you are in. I was going to help "Mama"(that is what I am going to call TheMamaHauser, because it is too long to type every time) to twist your arm. LOL.
She warned me that you were going to be tag-teaming me, so I figured I'd better just cave and get it over with and save you both the energy!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:35 PM

they will come especially with more persuasion! people are good at last minute sign ups. I am good at singing to get them to come see whats up here. so close your ears ladies its concert time at the old quilting board
Old 07-01-2013, 10:11 PM

AmyB and Dragonfly Nana, welcome. Brat, looking at your avatar, are you saying,"It is'nt over 'til the fat lady sings"? LOL.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:28 PM

ok lets see, I am 42, wife, mother to 3 adopted children and stay at home. I didn't start quilting until a few years ago before that I wouldn't ever touch a sewing machine. Then I had a local friend who encouraged me to take a quilting class and I haven't looked back since. My mother has a long arm and been quilting for all my life, you can imagine how excited and shocked she was when I texted her a picture of the mini quilt I made. My mother and I try to get together and quilt as often as we can. I am excited to join this round robin and now the task to find a design for my center block