Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 06-30-2013, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by quiltnut4ever View Post
Romanojg, such wonderful ideas that I plan on using. Especially the basting stitch which I know I have but need to look for it on my machine.
Glad I could help. I'm constantly learning which I love so I love to pass on what I know
Old 07-01-2013, 02:07 PM

Thought I'd share what I made for my boyfriend. He's a great griller and we live behind a freshwater canal so every time he grills he looks at that canal and that's why his apron says it all!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	apron 2013 001.JPG
Views:	823
Size:	366.0 KB
ID:	422130  
Old 07-01-2013, 05:05 PM

Not sure if this has been asked because there are so many pages to read...but does anyone have the 5d embroidery software? I am thinking of purchasing it but can find no reviews and I do not know if it will do all I want for that kind of $
Thanks for your help
Becky
Old 07-02-2013, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by BeckyB View Post
Not sure if this has been asked because there are so many pages to read...but does anyone have the 5d embroidery software? I am thinking of purchasing it but can find no reviews and I do not know if it will do all I want for that kind of $
Thanks for your help
Becky
I do and love it but I'd wait for a month or two because 6D is getting ready to come out. There are different levels or vesions of the 5D so the cost depends on what you get. I got mine when a Viking demonstrator came to the dealers store to show us it and we got a great deal on it. Hoping that happens for 6D. I have the pro plus, it does digitizing, editing and changeing designs, cross stitch, portraits, plus lots more. If you go to Vikings website you can see what each different version has to offer. Not sure how much 6D has changed.
Old 07-02-2013, 04:38 AM

Thank you so much for your help, I had no idea the 6d was coming out.I will have to go and talk with my dealer!QUOTE=romanojg;6155186]I do and love it but I'd wait for a month or two because 6D is getting ready to come out. There are different levels or vesions of the 5D so the cost depends on what you get. I got mine when a Viking demonstrator came to the dealers store to show us it and we got a great deal on it. Hoping that happens for 6D. I have the pro plus, it does digitizing, editing and changeing designs, cross stitch, portraits, plus lots more. If you go to Vikings website you can see what each different version has to offer. Not sure how much 6D has changed.[/QUOTE]
Old 07-03-2013, 11:50 AM

Just FYI, Viking has a wonderful offer right now. If you purchase 5D, you get it at 30% off PLUS you get 6D for free when it comes out! So two for the price of less than one. Also, they have special zero interest financing. So it actually is a wonderful time to purchase.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:59 PM

I just found you guys. Oooh, happy, happy, happy! I have a brother PE770. I have only attempted a few single hooping images. (I will take the time to catch up and read all 194 pages - but not right now). Can somebody actually tell me where I can find out how to align things better? How ever do they do those continuous borders and have them come out perfectly? I'll keep watching. :-)
Old 07-03-2013, 03:04 PM

Thank you for sharing this info I will have to call my dealer and find out if they are offering the same deal!
Originally Posted by Jane Jetson View Post
Just FYI, Viking has a wonderful offer right now. If you purchase 5D, you get it at 30% off PLUS you get 6D for free when it comes out! So two for the price of less than one. Also, they have special zero interest financing. So it actually is a wonderful time to purchase.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:41 PM

Found this from Nancy Zieman on how to do the continuous hoop along with several other tidbits of machine embroidery information.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUVJrk2zuNE
Old 07-03-2013, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by dmackey View Post
On the Brother machines, what model has the largest hoop size? I'm now thinking, I would like to be sure I have one that can do a decent job of filling the space inside a 12" block for my quilts, so maybe one that has a hoope of about 8x8? Do they make those or am I getting into an expensive machine to do that?

Diane
I have the Brother Quattro 6000D which has the 8x8 hoop as well as the 10x12 hoop. I have had my machine for four years and have the upgrades to it. There is now a later model of the Quattro 2 6700D.

I love my Quattro, the ease of use and great quality stitching.

http://www.brother-usa.com/homesewin...a#.UdS-q_l--M8

Here is a link to the Brother site with more information about their machines.