Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 07-03-2013, 03:11 PM
Swap Hosts

Thanks to everyone for your kind words and PMs. I'm not leaving QB. And I am not leaving the swap. I will still follow along and make plenty of wise cracks just to be sure no one is dozing off. Now ... who will be our next hostess?
Old 07-03-2013, 03:12 PM

Just stating a fact Krystyna, I'm trying very hard this year not to get upset over people not sending. Last year I got so upset over it that I was only making myself miserable. I enjoy doing it and try my best to make it nice, if I get something back it's wonderful. Doesn't happen very often that you don't and it doesn't bother the other person just me. I've changed my attitude, or at least I think I have, to hope they will enjoy it because I always have fun making it. The only thing I still have a problem with is not a "thank you" that's just common courtesy to me.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:20 PM
Swap Hosts

Well, good for you, Jaba. BUT I'm not going to get into or encourage a discussion of that here.
Let's all be happy and figure out what we're doing this month!
Old 07-03-2013, 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Yes, my Dearest, Darling Doll Quilt Swappers - it's time.

I have absolutely loved this swap and everyone involved in it. The creativity here has been amazing. I've watched myself and so many of you grow and stretch in new directions with each new theme and that has been an incredible inspiration.

The wonderful joking, the caring, the encouragement that we've shared here has been beyond what anyone could expect from an internet board -- and I know that several of us have formed real time friendships that will last forever.

I had the secret goal of making it to the 50th swap, but that is not to be. 50 is just a number anyway. So, with number 47, I am passing my hostess hat to whoever will take it.

If you are interested, please send a PM to PatriceJ. I know she has certain requirements -- not sure what they are but I suspect you need to be an active member for a while. So she is the best one to ask. She knows that I am retiring. Once a decision is made, I will send the new hostess my Excel sheet so you can keep track of it all.

This has been a wonderful experience for me and I hope the next hostess will have fun with it too.

That said ... July isn't over yet ... so let's get stitching!
Oh Krystyna, I can't tell you how heartbroken I am!!! I am sobbing a huge river of tears! You stand far and above the rest of the hostesses I have had the pleasure of working with and I am just beside myself! I hope we have not made your life so difficult that you have thrown in the towel. Honestly it just WON'T be the same without you. I respect your decision, and I hope we will continue to enjoy your wonderful sense of humor! K, gonna say it.....LOVE YOU!!
Old 07-03-2013, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by BuzzinBumble View Post
Oh Our Dearest Krystyna. Okay I am crying, even though I do understand that life is too busy and overwhelming for you right now. Call me selfish. You are a large part of why we all enjoy this swap so much! You keep the tone upbeat and your zany and wry sense of humor is always leavened with a huge dose of kindness and patience. I don't know how you've kept it up through the loss of your home and business, but I like to think that helping us all has helped you. This swap is a very special place and under your direction we are encouraged and our days lightened, friendships formed and creativity inspired. I hope you stay a part of this, even though you pass on the yoke of responsibility for keeping us moving along. Big Warm Hugs (((((((Krystyna))))))))
Thank you Lara for articulating what I was incapable of doing after a long tiring day at work. I can't believe that after just a few short months that I have grown so attached to my online friend and hostess. Y'all may think I'm crazy, but I truly am grieving this sad event.
Old 07-03-2013, 03:46 PM

So happy to hear you will be participating in the future, Krystyna....Your wit, humor and understanding are something I have appreciated so much.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:02 PM

OK I vote that everyone take a breather and that 1) Krystyna you have a change of heart. 2) Jaba you get the quilts your hoping for .. or an email at least saying why it hasnt been sent. These swaps have many challenges for the leaders and the players. We all get tired of something heck that is the way things work.. but what can seem so huge in the immediate is really not that big in the scope of life things. I am also voting for world peace. lol can I win the pageant now?

Krystyna I will work with the person who needs a partner would you like me to PM her? I am thinking cowboy well I live in the ultimate cowboy country. Big rodeo's this week.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Linny View Post
So happy to hear you will be participating in the future, Krystyna....Your wit, humor and understanding are something I have appreciated so much.
I totally agree with Linny's and others comments. You will be so missed as hostess Krystyna but you need to know that you have done an outstanding job sorting us out while trying to focus on your own 'rebuilding' journey.

But I guess we will soon be hounding another poor soul each month so let's hope the next 'victim'....ummm hostess has the same sense of humor and patience as Krystyna - some 'swappies' could be hard to keep in line !!!!
Old 07-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Swap Hosts

You are all so kind. Thank you so much. And you have a brand new hostess ... and she is ....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]422399[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bumble-bee-costume-zoom.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	366.1 KB
ID:	422399  
Old 07-03-2013, 05:36 PM

Yay BuzzinBumble!