Romantic acts

Old 07-04-2013, 03:23 AM

Maybe this won't seem romantic to most people, but it affirmed our relationship of 37 yrs. (at that time). I somehow wound up as the head of a Search Committee for our church. We interviewed candidates by mail. reviewing sermons and then chose 3 to interview in person. This was no small enterprise, either in terms of arrangements or money from the parish. After numerous meetings, we selected a candidate (first female priest for the parish), & made the presentation to the Vestry. The reaction was bizarre: lots of arguing, Biblical quoting out of context & even a resignation! I was devastated.
I went home & asked my non-church going, but spiritual & ethical, husband if he thought there was a valid reason to dismiss all women from consideration for the office. He said (as an engineer), "Well when I have to make a project that has not been done before, my first effort usually has flaws(?), but after consideration my second draft is always an improvement. I think that's true of men & women. Adam was a first draft, Eve was the improved version."
I hope that this doesn't offend anyone, but his heartfelt answer to a major decision I had to make made me love him all over again.
P.S. The female priest did become our parish priest, and to this date people in the congregation still refer to her as "the best pastor we ever had."
Old 07-04-2013, 03:30 AM

For each of us, this is a second marriage. I think we both learned from our mistakes in the the first. He does so many nice, thoughtful things, like bringing me flowers and chocolate periodically, but the best thing is, he listens to me. Early in our relationship, he told me "If it is important to you, that makes it important to me" We just celebrated 15 years together.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:46 AM

Met second husband on the internet and 6 months later we were married. He is a giver ! I get coffee in bed, he pays all the bills, clears the table, and I get ice cream served every night. We will be married 2 years this Aug and life is great. On our honeymoon I took him to Des Moines Quilt Show and an International Prayer conference. He joined in very well. He is a keeper and takes me "AS IS". Hugs to you all
Old 07-04-2013, 04:25 AM
dd

For 32 years my husband has brought flowers in from outside, holds them next to my face, studies for a while and pronounces, just can't compare. Then he throws the flower on the table and kisses me. I just laugh at him now. But the first time he did that, wow, I just melted.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:26 AM

My DH lets me/encourages me to buy all the sewing machines I want and fabric - never have to hide anything. He's surprised with with suppers/ breakfasts, clears the table after meals ... surprised me with flowers at work ... yep he's a keeper. He makes me laugh and even learned to enjoy wine.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:35 AM

After loosing 65 pounds I was able to get back into my wedding dress. I came down the stairs to show DH without any makeup or hair combed neatly and he told me I still look as beautiful as the day we got married! He's a keeper!
Old 07-04-2013, 05:44 AM

You mean to tell me that there are still men in this world who show love or are romantic at times? WOW!
Old 07-04-2013, 08:07 AM

He's not really the romantic type but 2 days ago he suggested he buy me a very small tablet$50. --I kept saying I wanted an i-pad but he said too costly. As I write this he is checking out electric bikes on internet (with his laptop)
because I want one for our complex instead of a golf cart. I want one I can use to go to town to coffee shop. It's a second marriage for me so some things I buy for myself but he does good research. Anybody out there have one --but we won't be taking it to Fl as I have a bike there.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

please don't get me wrong, my husband is a definite keeper. he does the food shopping, pays all the bills, lets me sleep late, we go out for dinner a lot, we have Friday night date night, takes care of my car, and a million other things.
I love hearing others stories, they're a good positive reinforcement for all of us.
keep them coming, they make me smile.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:44 PM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

LOL lynnie: DH is always doing romantic things for me in his special way... Helping me paint the sewing room, trying to kiss me when he is full of paint and not get it on me. He's not a romanticist person, but he does little things all the time for me. He will buy me something he thinks I need for the sewing room or help me put a shelf together, make the bed for me. IF I am ill, he will clean the house ... those are his romatic things..
Our avatar was a romantic gesture; I saw her and debated- he went and got her (pretty good present for sure!!). After our poodle of 18 years had died; I went 7 years without a dog ... cannot imagine why I waited for such a wonderful dog to fill my heart again, I guess she was the one I was waiting for !