Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!! >

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

July 2013 Weight Loss Adventure with a Prize!!

Old 07-03-2013, 06:30 PM

Received the first set of FQ's today from Vanogay, I have not opened the package yet but I believe it is for all three months.

Will keep you posted as your FQ's come in.
Old 07-04-2013, 03:26 AM

Cindy I mailed my skinny quarters yesterday, the post office had to practically pry them out of my hands. I sent for 3 months. A purple batik and an oriental for the floral one, I love (need) them both. We have a picnic today. Hope I can behave myself. It is at my SIL house and her in laws don't believe in healthy food. Not sure any fruit or veggies ever cross their lips. There will be so many goodies there. It is supposed to be a pool party, the weather is supposed to be awful, 2 inches of rain etc. today.
Irish welcome back. Praying that you get your things worked out. And acid green batik will be beautiful with all the purples. Pete prayers for your doctor visits too.
Gotta get off of here and make my food for the soggy picnic. Last year I took a huge pile of roasted veggies with a dip. They hardly touched them. They said they looked too healthy. I am making a grape salad this year. It will be healthier than they think it is.
Pat
Old 07-04-2013, 04:12 AM

I love those grape salads. They are so good - be careful, don't overload on them. Our neighborhood was planning a picnic and then watching the fireworks (we live on a ridge and can see from there). The rain is predicted to be happening so the city has cancelled the fireworks. Some people are still planning the picnic, but I doubt if hubby and I will go - not fond of eating in the rain as there is no shelter where we eat - just the ridge. Enjoy all the festivities the day brings and stay hydrated if you're in the sun.
Congratulations to our June winners! Half of those beautiful skinny quarters is great. And yes, Cindy, there are 3 months in the package you received from me, plus $
Old 07-04-2013, 05:40 AM

Prayers for all of you with health needs. Some serious stuff going on with our group.
I don't know what happened but I haven't gotten any notices from here for 2 days and suddenly this morning I have 3 pages to read to catch up. It's a mystery.
Welcome back Irishrose.
No big plans here for the 4th. We might go to a movie but there is so much work to be done before our kids come home. DD gets here sunday and DS and his GF get here thursday. They have been teaching English in S Korea and will be home for 6 weeks. I will be cooking all their favorites along with baking several kinds of cookies and cakes. Oh boy.
Hubby has sent out several resumes but not heard back from anyone. He is talking to a couple of guys from local places so maybe one of those will work out.
Have a great 4th, everyone!
Old 07-04-2013, 09:53 AM

Happy 4th everyone.

No plans here, just need to do some cleaning, some quilting, finish up a few projects. And most of all relax for the weekend.

I have finally found someone who can come help me with some of the basic cleaning that I am no longer able to do such as the sweeping, mopping, and she is willing to do whatever I need. Really helps me out as I hate that each day my breathing is getting worse, with activity. I am afraid that I may need oxygen soon with activity and exercising. But I do know where I will get it from.
Old 07-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Power Poster

Hello everyone, I am back in Cindy, and will get out my fat quarter either today or tomorrow. My husband is still losing, but I have gained so I need to get back here, and get with it. It's in part due to me going to physical therapy for my disks in my neck, and their pressing on the nerves. My therapy does seem to be helping some though. Cindy I hope you get to feeling better, and making improvement with your breathing. My husband has been on oxygen for a long time. Good luck to everyone with their health and weight. Congrats to last months winners. Praying for all that have health issues. Happy sewing.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:12 AM

Well, I overdid yesterday: Quilted a full size (which was fun except I had to rip out where I got a tuck in the side and then noticed another in the center UGH! So will sew that one down, dead center it is) then weeded, tilled and watered my garden. Oh looks so awesome. My dahlia are doing so well, one plat is at least 4.5 feet high and starting to bloom. I just love it. I may have to fence them up if they get as beautiful as last year. DH was frowining at the height of it not wanting it to go to top of fence. I laughed and said I am excited for it. The Sunflowers are not even that tall yet. I found zucchini on the plants while I was weeding and watering. Thrilled on that. Need that nervous eating food for sure. Tomatoes are starting on and some are getting close to turning. The Cauliflower is heading. Haven't grown it so we will see. Praying over it so no bugs get into it. All three varieties of lettuce are doing very well, we had all three in a salad yesterday. Yummy it was. Onions are about 2-3 inches round and the potatoes (didn't pick either) which I can eat right now, are 2" and growing. I am excited to know I can stay on this diet and not buy the vegies in the store. Easier to go out and pick away than stop and buy. So the body is yelling at me today. I am going to be quilting up two quilts today again. One has borders that are 15". Oh what to do with it. The gal's son wanted it bigger than what the pattern said. I will be exercising in front of the longarm. Come on sore body from all the work yesterday. I count that as exercise and standing at the longarm is exercise as well because I have a sit down job all day five days a week.
May I confess something here? Well, I am needing this for my own mental attitude towards myself. I used to always be thin and since we moved over here to WA, I have gained 20 pounds. Is it just this state or what? I have always been thinner and lived with the 135 variation, but now to weigh 158 is making me so depressed and mad at self. I used to always weigh, even after four babies, no more than 128. What is the deal? I am wondering if my hormones have gotten so out of adjustment since I am nearly 50 (not till August).
Thank you ladies for reading about my ramblings. I better get busy quilting since the kids want me to go to a movie today and after searching for a week and cleaning out paperwork, found a gift certificate to OUtback that the family is going to dinner to tonight. I promise to be good because with four of us going $100 is not much to go on. Salad, vegie, and meat only. Yep love the blooming onions, but will pass because of the extensive calories in them and I want to win the pot of batiks. I will try also to take the pup for a walk. I have to go water my front yard dahilas which are only about 8" tall, first time planting them this year from Springhill. They are an excellent place to get your bulbs from because they gaurantee them.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:29 AM

WOw quiltmomma you have been busy. Yes I think being 50 does something to your hormones and you gain weight. It is a menopause thing. My garden is looking good too. We have as many tomatoes as we can eat. Not enough to can yet. Corn is just starting, I need to watch how much I eat of that. Onions nearly ready to pull, spinach is almost done here, it is getting too hot. We already froze the broccoli and getting tons of raspberries and zucchini. Any ideas of different ways to make zucchini would be appreciated. Making zucchini lasagne tonight.Love zucchini fries and sauteed and grilled.
We went to a pool party yesterday. It rained all day. I took my GS in the pool for a while. Mostly sat and ate. I wasn't too bad. I made my DH give me a bite of the fried chicken, that was enough. I had several cookies etc. I did stay within my weekly weight watcher points. I did use pretty much all of my extra points for the week yesterday. I will have to behave the rest of the week. I went to my spinning class today and there were only 3 of us there.
I am off to go to the grocery. We have another picnic of Saturday night. At least this group eats healthier. The party of the 4th, almost none of them believe in eating fruits or veggies.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:34 AM

I now know how folks feel with asthma. The doc told me it's just a cold but with the humidity it's awful to breath. So glad he gave me an inhaler.

Now that DD and family are out of the apartment and into their house I'm getting things together to send home with her. Things are pretty tight in her old bedroom and I'm looking forward to sorting my sewing things and setting up a real space to work in. I have lots of WIPs to finish up and hopefully I can get at them soon. Although I'll do some curtains for DD and maybe some summer clothes for the little girls first. There's always tomorrow. Blessings
Old 07-05-2013, 06:58 AM

Congrats to our double winners!!! I would have been thrilled with a 5 pound loss this month. And I am happy to see that is TWO of y'all out of the running for my batiks just kidding, of course! I have cut a lovely batik with purple & lime & blue...it should look great with the friends coming in. I also cut for the next 2 months, I just have to remember to get it out to the post office. I finished 6 blocks for the Veterans quilts so I can mail them at the same time.