Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Machine Embroidery
Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun >

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Embroidery Machines Lets Chat & Have Fun

Old 07-03-2013, 04:50 PM

I started into the machine embroidery hole in 1997 when my husband gave me a Janome MC9000 as a 30th Wedding anniversary gift. On our 35th anniversary he upgraded it to a Janome MC10000 for me. I still have this machine but have since added a Brother PR620 multi needle and the Brother Quattro 6000D. I love all three machine and have not had any problems or issues with them but I do have them serviced regularly.

Machine embroidery can be a very expensive hole to be in. The machine is only the beginning, then comes embroidery thread, bobbin fill, stabalizers, designs, upgrades for the machines, extra bobbins and machine accessories. Every colour thread is needed, the variety of stabalizers for each and every project, designs ( there are so many wonderful digitizers out there) and the list just grows.

I just love this hobby so much and gain so much pleasure and enjoyment from it. I have embroidered on all manner of things from clothing, craft, quilts and quilting, bags and home décor. I embroider a lot of gifts for family and friends. This year I embroidered baby wraps, towels, sheets, bibs, baby blankets for my daughters first child and my 5th grandchild.

At present I am putting embroidered coat hangers together. The designs are from Artistic designs which are on the Oregon Patchworks site. I have made all of her sets of coat hangers and they are beautiful designs that stitch very well. I do not add the piping as shown on the site. I mainly use cotton fabric or dress taffeta for the hangers.

http://www.oregonpatchworks.com/item...426&pid=139585

I also make Crazy patch padded hangers and embellish them with the fancy stitches from the machine and then embroider small embroidery design on them. See attached Pics.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Emb Hangers.JPG
Views:	1047
Size:	1.49 MB
ID:	422394   Click image for larger version

Name:	Blue Crazy patch hanger.jpg
Views:	1130
Size:	86.8 KB
ID:	422395   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cream Crazy patch hanger.jpg
Views:	996
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	422396   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pink Crazy patch hanger.jpg
Views:	1011
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	422397  

Last edited by Betty J; 07-03-2013 at 04:58 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 07-03-2013, 05:08 PM

I only use pre wound bobbins on my Brother multi needle machine and wouldn't use anything else. I do wind the bobbins with bobbin fill for my Quattro and Janome MC1000

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Question about prewound bobbins. Someone gifted me with a huge box of colored pre-wound bobbins. They are Style L. Wondering what kind of machine uses these? I am not in the mood to jam my machines today.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:19 PM

I also forgot to add the cost of embroidery software, that too can run in to lots of dollars. I have both Janome and Brother software as well as the Buzz Tools programs which I have found invaluable, especially Buzz Explore, buzz Edit and buzz size. I recently attended a Brian Bailee demonstration and bought his Embrilliance software Aussie Edition which I am currently learning to use. I find the Buzz Tools programs very user friendly.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Betty J View Post
I started into the machine embroidery hole in 1997 when my husband gave me a Janome MC9000 as a 30th Wedding anniversary gift. On our 35th anniversary he upgraded it to a Janome MC10000 for me. I still have this machine but have since added a Brother PR620 multi needle and the Brother Quattro 6000D. I love all three machine and have not had any problems or issues with them but I do have them serviced regularly.

Machine embroidery can be a very expensive hole to be in. The machine is only the beginning, then comes embroidery thread, bobbin fill, stabalizers, designs, upgrades for the machines, extra bobbins and machine accessories. Every colour thread is needed, the variety of stabalizers for each and every project, designs ( there are so many wonderful digitizers out there) and the list just grows.

I just love this hobby so much and gain so much pleasure and enjoyment from it. I have embroidered on all manner of things from clothing, craft, quilts and quilting, bags and home décor. I embroider a lot of gifts for family and friends. This year I embroidered baby wraps, towels, sheets, bibs, baby blankets for my daughters first child and my 5th grandchild.

At present I am putting embroidered coat hangers together. The designs are from Artistic designs which are on the Oregon Patchworks site. I have made all of her sets of coat hangers and they are beautiful designs that stitch very well. I do not add the piping as shown on the site. I mainly use cotton fabric or dress taffeta for the hangers.

http://www.oregonpatchworks.com/item...426&pid=139585

I also make Crazy patch padded hangers and embellish them with the fancy stitches from the machine and then embroider small embroidery design on them. See attached Pics.
These are beautiful designs but I was surprised by the price ... a little out of my range but please keep posting them, they are beautiful .... "eye candy".
Old 07-04-2013, 04:58 AM

Default broken hoop

I am so bummed! My SQ hoop has broken. It's not a stripped thread on the screw. The little hex nut inside the plastic is spinning around. So I cannot tighten the hoop on the fabric. I tried super gluing the hex nut inside the plastic, but it breaks free after tightening the screw.

So now I am in search of an SQ hoop for a Janome 11000se. A new hoop costs $100 at the dealer's shop. Does anyone have one they want to sell? I am feeling so sorry for myself! Boo hoo!
Old 07-04-2013, 05:15 AM
Power Poster

Oh my!! Betty those are GORGEOUS!!!
Old 07-04-2013, 06:35 AM

Dear Jane, may I ask where did you find the information about the 5D 30% off and free 6D? I went to the web site and didn't see anything listed there, but I am still hopeful.
Old 07-04-2013, 08:43 AM

Betty J those are just gorgeous! I'm a romantic and love the pink colors and the crazy quilt hanger as well but they are ALL beautiful!
Old 07-04-2013, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by mardilee View Post
I am so bummed! My SQ hoop has broken. It's not a stripped thread on the screw. The little hex nut inside the plastic is spinning around. So I cannot tighten the hoop on the fabric. I tried super gluing the hex nut inside the plastic, but it breaks free after tightening the screw.

So now I am in search of an SQ hoop for a Janome 11000se. A new hoop costs $100 at the dealer's shop. Does anyone have one they want to sell? I am feeling so sorry for myself! Boo hoo!
Check with your dealer, you should be able to purchase the screws and nuts separately. Much cheaper than purchasing new hoops.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:35 AM
Swap Hosts

Mardilee, I just had something similar happen. A screw fell out and the hex nut wouldn't tighten. I realized I was missing the washer. If you have another hoop with many screws, see if you can use one of those in place of the missing one.