Romantic acts

Old 07-04-2013, 04:09 PM

We live in the Cascade Mnts. DH asked me to go on a drive in the woods. High up overlooking seems like the whole state. He set up a card table, chairs, wine in a bucket and cheese and crackers. What a surprise. I am very lucky he does all kinds of things for me.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:12 PM

And he loves to go to quilt stores and quilt shows.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kimcatlou View Post
My husband is very ill in a nursing home and suffers from dementia as well as other problems. Our 60th anniversary was last week, but he hardly knew it. I continue to love him very much although this is a very difficult time. So; our 31-year old grandson brought me flowers and out to dinner on our anniversary.
Dementia is such a cruel disease. You deserve all the flowers and love your grandson can give you.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:14 PM
Power Poster

when we walk down the walk way to our cars in the lot, he holds my hand. I think that is cute.
Old 07-04-2013, 05:16 PM
Power Poster

oh, and he cleans out the kitty litter box for me too
Old 07-04-2013, 06:03 PM

[QUOTE=moonwork42029;6156407]Laugh if you want to but to me when my DH rolls over and lets me use his hinny as a "heating pad" for when I have an upset stomach or sore back, that is about as touching as I can think of. He puts off a lot of body heat and is a super guy for letting me snuggle up no matter what the temp is. He also always says "I'd take the pain from you if I could".... awwwwww[/QUOTE

I'm sure not laughing at you. I have the world's coldest feet & my husb. always told me to put them on his legs to warm them. It was so comforting to reach over & touch him just to know he's there. He's been gone 5 yrs. now & I still miss that.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:18 PM

Forgive me for adding one more story about my wonderful DH. There are more ways of being romantic than with candy & flowers. When I was 31, married with 2 kids, I decided to go to college & become an LVN. I'd be in the bedrm. with the ironing board set up at the foot of the bed as a desk doing homework. He came in, removed my textbooks & set down my dinner plate.

When I was 39, I went back to college for my RN plus worked full time. The 2 kids were teenagers but we now had a surprise little one. I'd do homework on the couch so I could be in the same rm. with my little boy & mom wouldn't be missing. Again, hubby would remove my textbooks from my lap & set down my dinner plate. He kept the home fires burning so I could study. Can't beat a guy like that. Sure beats candy & flowers.

Pat
Old 07-04-2013, 07:21 PM

Mine didn't roll his eyes when I mentioned that I'd found yet another Singer 66 on Craigslist that sure looked pretty to me, and he aided and abetted this purchase, which included removing two heavy seats from my minivan to make room for it and driving 40 miles each way. I don't know if I'd call him romantic, but he's a keeper!

The most romantic story I can think of though was when my SIL's mother had a stroke at age 80. Her husband mobilized all his strength and resources before she even got out of the hospital, getting ramps built on their house, widening doors, and trading his car in on a ramp van. Then through the next 18 years he made sure she got to her physical and speech therapy and provided her with plenty of opportunities to spend time with their grandchildren and to travel the country together wherever they felt like going. She passed peacefully at age 98. She never lost her smile, and I think that DH gets a lot of credit for doing everything he possibly could to help his loved one cope with a terrible situation.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:28 PM

Location: Moved from Missouri to California June2013 have 1 son 2 daughters, all grown and 2 cats

All these wonderful answers make me sigh, I was divorced after nearly 17 years of marriage, and husband not romantic at all.( not the reason we divorced!) maybe there is still hope that I will have romance in my life! Morning coffee in bed sounds perfect!
Old 07-05-2013, 12:37 AM

the first 10 years we were married I got Roses, every Friday... My husband worked next door to a flower shop and the lady had them ready every friday.
We have been married 30 years now, and I still get my roses but not every Friday.