Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Looking to restart my quilting life after my move to CA >

Looking to restart my quilting life after my move to CA

Looking to restart my quilting life after my move to CA

Old 07-10-2013, 07:24 AM

Hi and welcome. I live in Placerville which is about 15 minutes from you and I belong to the Folsom and Placerville guilds. I work at the membership table where you sign in at for the Folsom guild so am wondering if we met last night. If you want information or to meet up private message me and let's get you hooked up into this areas quilting world.
Old 07-10-2013, 07:54 AM

Hi Aunt Jo,
I live in Cameron Park right next to El Dorado Hills. I am also a friend of pennylynne ( see above post ) pm me also I know of several groups in the area. Welcome to Ca. I relocated here 3 years ago from Montana.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:14 AM
Power Poster

Since I live in Mass., I can't help with a quilt guild, but I do wish to extend my condolences on the loss of your DH and also your father. However, I offer congratulations for reconnecting with your HS BF. I'm sure that once you find a guild or quilting group you can settle into your new life in CA.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:10 AM

So sorry to hear of your losses. I am in Central Cali, so Eldorado Hills would be quite a commute, but if and when you are ready for a retreat, shoot me a pm and I'll have you over for a weekend here in the mountains near Yosemite. There are several groups over in that area, so I am sure you will find just what you are looking for with a great bunch of ladies. Enjoy the adventure
Old 07-10-2013, 10:43 AM

So sorry for your losses but with your great attitude, you will find and make new friends and hope you have a happy life, we need to enjoy it while we are able.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:47 AM

Well, Aunt Jo, it seems that this great board has truly come through for you. Quilters are anxious to meet you and get you into the swing of things right away. Good luck in settling in your new place and finding fun groups to join. Welcome back.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:45 PM

I used to live in Placerville many many years ago. I went to Ponderosa High School. I still long to move back. I will keep a warm prayer that you find good friends that love to quilt and want to start a group with you. I miss the country live that I had living on Pleasant Valley Road. El Dorado Hills is not just a home area, but has changed into his own community now and what a surprise to me that was. Keep in touch. Missing the ole` home.
Old 07-10-2013, 01:48 PM

Oh wow, you are so lucky you live in Placerville. I am getting homesick. I moved out so long ago, that it applys "you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl". I should of never moved. Miss the live
Old 07-10-2013, 02:20 PM

I live near Auburn... 37 minutes away according to my cell phone. We have a small, relaxed group that meets once a month in our barn's craft room. As a group we aren't elegant, but each of us seems to have a different talent and that is lots of fun. pm me when you get here. There is a lot of interest in quilting in this general area. Quilt shops are fading (due to on-line fabric purchasing???).

Sorry about losing your husband. It is a real cross to bear! Stay focused on your new life!!!

OH! I see one of our small group has already responded!!! Yah!

Last edited by Sierra; 07-10-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 02:40 PM

So sorry to hear about your DH -- its a huge adjustment, on top of making a move like that.

The Folsom quilt guild is a really good one - full of nice ladies who love quilting, and very friendly. Haven't been to a meeting there in a number of years as we moved away, but I don't think that's changed. It's a large group, so there should be some 'like minded ladies' that you can meet and possibly get together with. They put a quilt show on every year that's a really good one, too. The yard sales in Orangevale, Folsom and El Dorado Hills are terrific, too, for fabric, etc....I enjoy going to one or two once in a while when we go down to visit our kids. Congrats on your move to El Dorado Hills - its a nice area!