Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • I need help with this block. >
  • I need help with this block.

• I need help with this block.

Old 07-09-2013, 08:01 AM

Default I need help with this block.

This is the response I posted for this thread:

This is not a Churn Dash. Jenny Doan has a very easy tutorial on the churn dash:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJTBKWqoxU4

I got this reply:

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters".

I have gotten this message several times when I have posted to threads that I know are already more than 10 characters. Why?
    Old 07-09-2013, 08:07 AM

I got that also and did not understand why one with three or four went through.
    Old 07-09-2013, 12:53 PM
    Power Poster

the message has to be 10 characters... but spaces count as characters. so you could post a 1 character message as long as you put 10 spaces in front of it

ETA: sorry, you have to type a character and then use spaces and then a last character

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-10-2013 at 03:09 PM.
    Old 07-09-2013, 12:55 PM
    Power Poster

as far as the error message appearing when you typed enough, perhaps you hit enter, the message took, then you inadvertently hit enter a second time?
    Old 07-10-2013, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan
    the message has to be 10 characters... but spaces count as characters. so you could post a 1 character message as long as you put 10 spaces in front of it
    I tried it several times and got the same reply. The messages I tried are already more than 10 characters. You can tell from the example I gave.
    Old 07-10-2013, 09:38 AM
    Power Poster

It basically wants 10 key taps. Some times goes through most times not. That's technology!
    Old 07-10-2013, 11:11 AM

I've received the same message when I knew I had typed enough for a two page letter! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason sometimes so I put it down to a glitch in the technology.

This isn't a glitch in the technology, but I asked the other day for help finding a particular fabric (had the manufacturer and the style number) and asked anyone who had it or knew a source to pm me. Instead I got a pm from an administrator saying my request had been moved to a who has it site that I haven't been able to find. I don't quite understand why because I have seen several requests for help finding fabric and they were not moved anywhere. Anyone got an idea? froggyintexas
    Originally Posted by matraina
    I tried it several times and got the same reply. The messages I tried are already more than 10 characters. You can tell from the example I gave.
    Old 07-10-2013, 03:11 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by FroggyinTexas
    I've received the same message when I knew I had typed enough for a two page letter! There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason sometimes so I put it down to a glitch in the technology.

This isn't a glitch in the technology, but I asked the other day for help finding a particular fabric (had the manufacturer and the style number) and asked anyone who had it or knew a source to pm me. Instead I got a pm from an administrator saying my request had been moved to a who has it site that I haven't been able to find. I don't quite understand why because I have seen several requests for help finding fabric and they were not moved anywhere. Anyone got an idea? froggyintexas
    when your post is moved, just click on the blue title in the PM and that is a link to your thread. to find a particular forum, click on Home in the blue menu at the top of the page and the entire list of forums comes up along with an explanation of what goes in each forum