Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Do you have one of these? >

Do you have one of these?

Do you have one of these?

Old 07-10-2013, 06:29 AM

That chair is pretty but I'd need arms on it. I bought my leather office chair with arms at Staples on sale for under a hundred dollars. I love it. It can roll across my studio floor if I need to press fabric etc.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:29 AM

I, too, have back issues. I bought an office chair at Office Depot that is rated for 8-10 hours of comfort. It was on sale so I got a good price. I can use it with or without arms. It adjusts for all my needs, which vary daily. Good luck in your search. But please don't buy a chair without trying it first. Sit for more than a few minutes in it.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:02 AM

I would suggest you go to an Office Max or Depot and try all their chairs, even if you have to take a book and sit in them for 20-30 minutes. They have different sizes and lumbar support and for under $200 or way less you could get a good chair. These people make me think of the the organization 10-15 years ago that sold light bulbs that were supposed to last 10 years for $15.00 each when reg. one was .25- .50 cents. I find chairs with arms are easier on my back as I can rest my arms when doing some things and that takes strain off my back and neck.
Old 07-10-2013, 11:56 AM

Ask an expert. I have a very bad back, and several years ago I was moving and needed to buy a new mattress. There are so many mattress commercials on tv and I asked my chiropractor if any of them was better than others. And he said no. Might as well go with a regular mattress. I would check with your doctor or chiropractor or someone who knows about things like this before making a decision. $500 to $600 sounds outrageous for a chair. For that amount of money it would have to give me periodic massages.
Old 07-10-2013, 03:41 PM

I bought one of these at the Houston Quilt Festival about 5 years ago and LOVE IT!!!! If my house caught on fire I would definitely try to save it, with my machines on it of course! Seriously, I can adjust it so many ways that it is always comfortable to me and supports my back.

I was fortunate in that I was able to purchase the show model at the Houston show and so I got a really good deal on it and I live in Houston so bringing it home was no problem.