Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Stained Glass Wall Quilt Skull with Bow >

Stained Glass Wall Quilt Skull with Bow

Stained Glass Wall Quilt Skull with Bow

Old 07-15-2013, 10:46 AM

very cute-the kids sure love skulls on things
Old 07-16-2013, 01:27 PM

My daughter wants to know when I am going to make her one--she was watching over my shoulder and saw the skull which immediately got her attention. Fantastic job!!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:11 PM

Whatever spurs their creativity! I think you guys did an awesome collaboration! A future quilter in the making! I only wish I could get someone/anyone of the daughters/females in my family to show an interest in quilting or even just sewing in general. Sigh! Lucky you!!!
Old 07-20-2013, 05:23 AM

SUPER CUTE! I love skulls.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:28 AM

Originally Posted by Plumtree View Post
My daughter wants to know when I am going to make her one--she was watching over my shoulder and saw the skull which immediately got her attention. Fantastic job!!
Thank you!

It's a really easy design to do. You could have it done in just a couple of hours.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by fxsts93kf View Post
Whatever spurs their creativity! I think you guys did an awesome collaboration! A future quilter in the making! I only wish I could get someone/anyone of the daughters/females in my family to show an interest in quilting or even just sewing in general. Sigh! Lucky you!!!
I didn't have much of an interest until I was in my late teens and the only family member that quilted was my grandmother. I became really interested a couple of years after she passed away. I had to teach myself.

My mother (with her 3 sisters) were forced to learn to sew and quilt, because of this they never did any of it as adults.

My advice, the best way to get them interested is to let them watch and/or have them draw something up and make a design of it. When they see their own artwork come to life in a different form (i.e. fabric) it spikes their curiosity.

I'm lucky that my oldest girls showed curiosity when they were around 5 and 6. One was just interested in the outcome and the other (which made the skull picture) wanted to know how it's done and she just recently had her first experience with the sewing machine.

I think the whole reason why it even got their interest to begin with was that it was off limits to them. Reverse psychology can be a wonderful thing.