Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Sewing Machine Disease Flare Up, Need Help >

Sewing Machine Disease Flare Up, Need Help

Sewing Machine Disease Flare Up, Need Help

Old 07-23-2013, 05:23 PM

Buy it! My 128 La Vencedora came with super bad wiring. I also paid a lot more on ebay! It was just a little time consuming to take the motor off but putting the hand crank on is easy-peasy! She is the sweetest little machine. I love the little hop the needle bar makes as it stitches. Keep us posted.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Power Poster

She's a purty lil' thing ain't she... She's just singing your song, too. Go rescue. Nice little machines. I had one about a year ago. My boss borrowed it for a prop - his kid was in a play for Fiddler on the Roof. The machine was an absolute hit! Those do go very nice with hand cranks. I sold it to a guy so he could repair the sails on his boat. His wife told him it was cheaper to buy that machine than to service her Viking after he got done messing with the sails. Besides she wanted to display the machine. LOL. Oh and I just got another one a week or so ago... I have to start taking those pills you got...
Old 07-23-2013, 08:18 PM
Power Poster

Wish I could help, but my advise is buy it!!!!!
Old 07-23-2013, 10:17 PM

Originally Posted by mo-rie View Post
La Vencedora
Ah...that is the name I was looking for. It's such a pretty design.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:51 PM

Originally Posted by Cecilia S. View Post
Help, please.
Cecilia, you're *really* asking the wrong people for help. I'd imagine that none of us think that you have a problem in the same way as we don't have one (well, at least not with buying old machines)
That machine is lovely, and you love it because it loves you. It can't tell you but it does, and that's why you really must exchange your much less lovable $20 note for it as soon as you can. She will have a loving home and you will make the old lady feel young again. You'll be making the world a happier place.

Do you really see a problem with wanting to buy her now? What are you waiting for?
Old 07-24-2013, 04:08 AM

Where are you located? Do you think I could go get it...... it's too pretty to pass up.
Old 07-24-2013, 04:44 AM

OK - you turned to us for help, so I will try to be the voice of reason here. Buy it, send it to me and I will protect you from it.
Old 07-24-2013, 05:21 AM

Default Oh, I love you guys.

Otherwise drowning in a sea of people who say mad things such as "Girl, why would you want more than one machine?", I heartily and soppily say "I Love You Guys Here on Quilting Board".

Breakfast Philosophizing:

I am not a "consumer", I live in small spaces, I make and recycle and do without, and the entire contents of my life can pretty much fit into one smallish storage locker. And yet? I have gotten so much flak (sp?) from friends since I came down with my disease, Machinus-Mustus-Rescuitus. However, I realized something: Of the four people who have openly rolled their eyes and admonished this behaviour, THREE of them are confirmed hoarders themselves. A-ha!!!! Three little words: Pot, Kettle, Black.

(The fourth was my Mommy. Mommies are meant to be crusty about these things, so I forgive that.)

So far, -ALL- of my sewing machines out together don't even cost half of what an i-phone costs.* So can someone with an iPad and and iPhone and 750 never-to-be-read-again softcover novels from the 1980s and three pressboard shelves of dusty knick-knacks and an apartment so full of stuff that one could not lie on the floor -really- criticize my disease with any validity? Here here!

Today I showed the Sewing Machine In Question to my boyfriend. You know, he may be competition for Sheila Sheluma's husband (see Phoenix 429 thread). He said, after learning that it was an hour away (and we have only bicycles), "Shall we rent a car, then, and go rescue it?"

Still my beating heart. Insane, to spend munney on a car rental to get a $20 machine. He said, "Ah, it'll be a lovely drive in the country!"

What a beautiful day.

I have emailed the seller expressing my firm and excited interest! I will keep you posted.

:-)

*Ever stop to consider the per-pound rate for an iPhone? Yeesh!!! ;-)
Old 07-24-2013, 06:14 AM

I think you may be taking too much medication for your problem. The only remedy is to purchase that machine!
Old 07-24-2013, 06:46 AM

I have that same machine, mine has the woodcarrying case, and a key to open it, I paid 50.00 dollars about 30 years ago. I love it it only goes foward but a very good stitch.
I say buy it!