Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Sewing Machine Disease Flare Up, Need Help >

Sewing Machine Disease Flare Up, Need Help

Sewing Machine Disease Flare Up, Need Help

Old 07-25-2013, 06:50 PM
Banned

just more sewing machines...
Old 07-25-2013, 08:22 PM

Ok stop with the " By more machines" The guy with the Bus full, lives less than 20 miles from me, tomorrow I'll b les that 4 miles from him , I bought my first car from this same guy..out of his pirvate collection ( 41 merc ) That was 50 years ago .. LOLOL. I know very well there 's a AB Howe in that Bus..
Old 07-25-2013, 09:11 PM

I'm no help! I just bought a 301 in a cabinent and I will be picking up a white Featherweight next week!~ (did I mention I HAVE 2 black Featherweights and a portable 301??? Not to mention my Innova, Baby Lock serger and my Bernina!)
Old 07-25-2013, 09:36 PM

Congratulations, Cecilia! Coincidentally I have been eyeing this very same machine, with the same decals, in the window display of a shop next door to me that sells bespoke and ready-to-wear clothes. It has its original hand crank, and they have it sitting on a treadle cabinet. (I doubt it would fit in this cabinet, but I'm too short to see the top of the cabinet.) Sometimes I fantasize about what I might say to get them to sell it to me (cheap, of course), but it's so unlikely to happen. If I found a full size machine, with nice decals, that would fit in their treadle maybe they would trade. Until then it is something lovely to look it when I pass by the shop.

So, now we want to see pictures! And by the way, I think you now understand my hesitation about buying the Baer & Rempel machine -- if it's missing its bobbin case I'll never find one, and if it doesn't have any bobbins I might not be able to find them, either. I still haven't bought it -- *tail between legs*.
Old 07-26-2013, 01:46 AM

There is a manual on Ismacs:
http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...ls/127-128.pdf

and sew-classic has bobbins if you need them:
http://shop.sew-classic.com/Shuttle-...k-SCBN8228.htm

I'm going to post a bobbin question for you in your Phoenix thread.
Old 07-26-2013, 07:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by oneday View Post
I know very well there 's a AB Howe in that Bus..
I'd be VERY interested in seeing that! I have two Stockwell Howe "A"'s, one "B", and one "C" on the way...
Old 07-26-2013, 12:03 PM

Default A bus full of machines?!?!?!?!?

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
I'd be VERY interested in seeing that! I have two Stockwell Howe "A"'s, one "B", and one "C" on the way...
Where?!?!?!?!?

WHERE?!?!?!?!?
Old 07-26-2013, 12:05 PM

So, now we want to see pictures! And by the way, I think you now understand my hesitation about buying the Baer & Rempel machine -- if it's missing its bobbin case I'll never find one, and if it doesn't have any bobbins I might not be able to find them, either. I still haven't bought it -- *tail between legs*.[/QUOTE]

Sheila, you -can- get bobbins and cases - I sourced them out from a high end Italian factory... forget how I did it, as normally I am an internet moron. But it -is- possible. Just expensive. I think $50 or so for a bobbin case. Which, yes, does give one cause for pause.

(I did not need to get one; but thought I might have to, so searched pre-emptively.)
Old 07-26-2013, 12:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cecilia S. View Post
Where?!?!?!?!?WHERE?!?!?!?!?
oneday posted it, but oneday has not posted a location either on the post or on their profile, so I do not know where. But I'd like to.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
oneday posted it, but oneday has not posted a location either on the post or on their profile, so I do not know where. But I'd like to.
A bus full of sewing machines indeed.

If I am not careful, that will be ME one day!

;-)