Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Anyone from Montana  or Wyomng? >

Anyone from Montana or Wyomng?

Anyone from Montana or Wyomng?

Old 07-25-2013, 05:16 AM

Default Anyone from Montana or Wyomng?

Hi all,
Sorry about similar posts (Minnesota), if I had been on my game, I would have included all three states in one post.

We are planning a road trip west during the month of September. We'd like some inside nformation about spots/areas to pass through, visit or stay for a day or two. Our plan is to stay off the major highways for the most part and see the villages, communities, towns, etc. Any suggestions for nice campgrounds (tenting), diners - we like Mom & Pops vs chains, attractions, quilt shops, antique shops, festivals, picnic spots, etc.

Thanks in advance,
d
Old 07-25-2013, 05:11 PM

I was born and raised in Montana but have been thoroughly "Southernized" over the past half-century-plus. However, if you're going, and haven't seen it yet, Glacier national Park is one of the "must-see" places on your route. There are beautiful places to stay there...the only thing I know about quilt shops is there is one in Shelby, MT but I've forgotten the name. I know that it is just a block off main street and most anyone can tell you where it is. I just came back to SC a couple of weeks ago after visiting family there. Didn't get to Great Falls or Billings but I'm sure there are quilt shops there as well. Someone else will most likely jump in with some more info for you. Have fun!
Old 07-26-2013, 04:46 AM

DH and I did a road trip 2 years ago that included Montana and Wyoming. They are absolutely beautiful states and we did really enjoy Glacier National Park- it's gorgeous! The Big Horn Mountains are beautiful and if you are looking for a great lunch place and see a place called Wheat Montana- make sure to stop in and have a bite. Their deli sandwiches are to die for. Have a wonderful trip!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

Thermopolis, WY has hot springs. We went several times when visiting my hubby's relatives in Worland. north/west part of the State. Near Meteetsee,WY. can't spell that one.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:00 PM
Power Poster

I have seen posters on here from all three of those States. They may be busy with life.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:18 AM

Cody, WY is the one place you shouldn't miss if you're going thru Wyoming. A very fun touristy town and called the gateway to Yellowstone. "Friends & Company Quilt Shop" is the best quilt shop in that area. I went to a 4 day quilt retreat at the Holiday Inn in Cody last April that was SO fun.
Old 07-27-2013, 11:32 AM
Power Poster

Big Horn Quilts is in Greybull, WY!!
Old 07-27-2013, 04:52 PM

Quilters Corner - Deer Lodge MT and Best Kept Secret Quilt Shop in Clearmont WY. I have visited both shops. The staff was very friendly and helpful in both places.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:26 PM

Definitely go to West Yellowstone, MT! It's a wonderful little town on the west side of Yellowstone NP. We're going there this next weekend and then on to Glacier. Never been to Glacier, but have been in West Yellowstone a few times and it's a favorite. They have a wonderful summer repertory theater, the Playmill Theater, there too (where we'll be going to see "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers...a favorite of mine!). The Running Bear Pancake House is a "don't-miss" kinda place. Yummy food and friendly folks!
Old 08-18-2013, 09:29 PM

Dubois Wyoming great little town, Big horn sheep center, few great places to eat, warm and friendly folks, one of the nicest KOA in town. On to Teton National Park or Yellowstone or you can also stop in Jackson, Wy there is a quilt shop, but for some reason I can't remember the name.