Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast) >

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Boomerang Friendship Swap 10.0-MAIA Group (Fast)

Old 07-27-2013, 11:14 AM

Got a really cute block from tubsfam. Goes good with the others Ive received! Thank you! Hope to get some blocks finished tomorrow. Today is "National dance Day"...so off to celebrate! Any excuse to dance is a good one for me!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tubsfam received Boom 10.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	426403  
Old 07-27-2013, 11:20 AM

Tubsfam I rec'd your Amish Diamond block today. Thank you! I really like the 2 greens in contrast to the black and white. I'll post a pic to my album soon since I cannot seem to upload photos here. Thank you again!
Old 07-27-2013, 12:39 PM

your welcome. Hope it works well with the others.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:43 PM

Joan and Janice, Your welcome and I hope they work well with your other blocks.After I mailed them I have a feeling I didn't check and trim to size.So please check.
Old 07-27-2013, 12:47 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]426423[/ATTACH]This came today. Thank you Libster ,I have never made that block,I love it! Will have to use that in future project.

Marie

Name:	photomaia 11.JPG
Views:	88
Size:	188.4 KB
ID:	426423  
Old 07-27-2013, 02:13 PM

received my block back from Elisabrat today. I love it. for some reason I am not able to upload the picture into my message. I was able to load it into my album.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:51 AM

I have a slew of blocks to photograph and post. I forgot to yesterday but will get on it as soon as the sun is up. the colors wash out if I use the flash to take them and they are so pretty and colorful you will have to wait. I am very happy with all that blocks that are FLYING BACK home in both my swaps. I think I can see little quilts coming out of them with no troubles what so ever.

I have never made that cornucopia block but have worked on MANY from quilters cache that make me want to tear my hair out. I have decided for swaps to use the ones I Know I can do. There is so little fabric to play with that errors of grand magnitudes are not an option. Ask Jan. I can mess up instructions in two easy cuts. She was good enough to help me with a couple blocks the other day and I watched in awe as she did the.. string sewing. a block three stitches in the air, a block, three stitches in the air then she magically sewed those darned rows together. NO wonder I take all day to get three blocks out and am exhausted and she just sits there and wham wham wham.. I need a short cut class that is what I need. how to do this painlessly. lol (is there such a thing?). so your grand tips please feel free to send them my way. I can use all the help I can get! ps I am still not a stripes person lol I need the few years I have left!
Old 07-28-2013, 05:14 AM

Brat, Ive decided you are totally right.. I wont "practice" a new block on any swap member again for sure! I was just lucky that I had more than enough to make a 2nd block! I think you do a VERY good job at your blocks, as well as Jaba..Over the past 7 or 8 swaps Ive been in I think everyone does a fantastic job! Its amazing how people can match colors with patterns and then the "owner" makes them into a beautiful quilt! I love these swaps!
Old 07-28-2013, 09:08 AM

I am really enjoying my "Staycation" House sitting for my Sister, taking care of the dogs and the watering! It is so beautiful and peaceful here.

They have a 1/4 mile track around the orchard, so I run a lot while I am here, it is such a great place to run, then into the river...

Ahhhh the life, soon enough back home to the sweltering heat of my sardine box! Living in a tiny mobile home is for the birds! And I have Cable, I am getting my fill of the Tube for sure! I thought about bringing my sewing machine with me but decided a real vacation would not include it, so I figured 3 days with out sewing should be fine!

I will be totally rested when I get back home tonight. I tried to talk my mom into coming out here with me, but she is crabby butt this weekend. Maybe I am better off that she said no!

Beautiful blocks going bakc and forth ladies, this has been a very good swap, thanks to everyone for the wonderful participation!

hugs, Marybeth
Old 07-28-2013, 03:27 PM

After finishing a few squares today I decided to work on a Tshirt quilt I am making for a friend. Here is what my dog Hank decided to :
[ATTACH=CONFIG]426679[/ATTACH]

Quilting sure is exhausting for dogs!

Name:	hank 2.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	426679