Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap >

July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

July Secret Partner Pin Cushion/Needlecase Swap

Old 07-27-2013, 09:37 AM
Power Poster

Lynnie I like how you explained that. It does make it easier when a theme is given.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:51 PM
Power Poster

yeah, and don't be afraid of it, just go with it, school doesn't have to mean a bus. spelling bees...a yellow bee. your fav. patterns in a creative way use the school fabs in that square pattern you like. tie it with blackboard printed ribbon. don't get uptight. it's really fun to let yourself go. if there's no subject, i'm in a rut of doing the same thing over and over. besides, it's fun to go to bing and google and look for new design ideas and take it from there.
Old 07-28-2013, 10:08 AM

Hello fellow PC/NC collectors!
Hope the weather is as great at your house as it is at mine. I'll take 72 degrees and low humidity at the end of June in Kentucky!
Old 07-28-2013, 11:46 AM

I had mentioned a while back that I was doing a pincushion swap at my guild. Too bad we can't do this swap like I did the guild swap -- bring in a pincushion, take home someone else's. But that would entail double postage, to send a pincushion to the hostess and postage to get it back to us after the hostess swaps out the cushions. It's a shame that some of the participants don't follow through with their commitment.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:54 PM
Power Poster

i'll try to contact Patrice and see if she knows anything
Old 07-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Power Poster

o.k....just sent Patrice and wrote her about what's happening to see if she can get a hold of our hostess.
also, some of you have brought up the fact that you never rec'd. your gift from the swap. I brought that up to her too, to see if she can do something for al of you. you know, try to straighten out the mess. good luck everyone.
when I hear from Patrice, i'll let you know what she says we should do.
Old 07-28-2013, 04:58 PM
Power Poster

Way to go Lynnie! Thanks for going to bat for us. Are you going to host our next swap? It would be nice to just have assigned partners and not have it "secret". The only one who knows our missing partners now is missing. I hope she isn't in the hospital.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:28 PM
Power Poster

1. still haven't heard back from Patrice. I guess she's trying t figure out whats happening or trying to contact our hostess. again, as soon as I hear from her, i'll post here what's going on.
2. since our hostess hasn't gotten a hold of anyone so far, we will assume she is under the weather or is having computer difficulties. Let's all say a prayer for her speedy recovery, if that's the case.
3. I don't know if i'm taking over the swap. before that can be done, we must find out what's going on. I DONOT want to take someones hosting away from them, unless i'm asked to step in to lend a hand.

It's 10;25 HERE on long island ny. i'll be shutting off the computer as soon as I write this. i'll ck again tomorrow am and relay anything, if anything. Let's keep our fingers crossed and hope the P.O. delivers tomorrow.

for the heck of it, if you're missing your pc or nc, let me know in case Patrice needs info to relay to our hostess.'thanks again.
I HOPE I'M NOT STEPPING ON ANYONES TOES, BUT SOME PEOPLE SUGGESTED THAT WE CONTACT PATRICE. SO I RAN WITH IT. SORRY, I HOPE I DIDN'T HURT ANYONES FEELING.
Old 07-28-2013, 07:08 PM

I am one of the people that is still waiting for a pin cushion. Hope all is well with our hostess!!
Old 07-28-2013, 08:00 PM

So, how many swap angels might we need for this month? HOPEFULLY, at least a few of the tardy swappers have contacted Tracey & let her know what is going on. Once she is well enough to re-join us, maybe she will have lots of helpful information.