High Efficiency Washers

Old 07-29-2013, 04:39 AM

Originally Posted by Walter'sMom View Post
I prefer the top loaders for 2 reasons - my front loader constantly had a musty smell no matter how much I cleaned the front seal - I took to washing with a cup of vinegar in the rinse which did help. Second, I make pickles and use the washing machine on gentle cycle to wash the cucumbers - tried this in the front loader - not a good result!!

Funny, the things people do with their toys . Goes to show that everyone on this has a creative gene to them. Never heard of this use for a washer
Old 07-29-2013, 04:44 AM

I had to buy a new washer this year and had a difficult time as I wanted a top loader with agitator and wanted to be able to open the lid I finally found a GE traditional at Home Depot I can wash on hot or warm but all rinses are cold not as many settings as my old Amana but does wah clothes clean and can do my quilts by soaking and spinning so guess it is not to bad
Old 07-29-2013, 04:46 AM

I have Maytag front loader washer and dryer...I wouldn't buy another front loader. My DIL just bought LG top loader and I wish I had one just like it...not enough to switch now though..Mine are 3 yrs old so will live with them...not good for simply soaking and impossible to add an article after it is started without getting water all over the floor!
Old 07-29-2013, 04:50 AM

That is what we do too and it works very well.

Originally Posted by Misty's Mom View Post
I also leave the door open, but instead of having to run the stuff through it periodically, I use white vinegar instead of fabric softener, cheaper too. I also use peroxide instead od Clorox II, if you look at the label, that's what in it. Again, cheaper too. Bottom line - more money for fabric
Old 07-29-2013, 04:53 AM

I have a Front load washer and dryer. I've had them just over a year and the button on the dryer is already broke. Look into the extended warranty.. Also- you have to clean them very often or they smell. I can not let clothes stand overnight because then I have to rewash them. Wish I could trade them.
I would get the top load style if I could do it again. My sister has one of them and she loves it.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:57 AM

I just bought a Maytag top load HE from Home Depot. It was on sale woohoo. I must say that before we bought this one I was totally skeptical about how well they could clean. The comparable one to the one I had to replace, a GE, was the same price but didn't have a delicate cycle. The salesman said that Whirlpool now makes Maytag, that was all I needed to hear, love Whirlpool. I LOVE THIS NEW MACHINE!!!! The clothes are so freaking clean, dry fast and yes, you can interupt the cycle to add that thing you forgot to add. My advice is.....READ THE MANUAL. The detergent is the same price as regular and uses less per load. Detergent doesn't suds by itself, the sudsing agent is added 'cause people wouldn't buy it when it was first introduced.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:19 AM

I'm on #2 he machine the first was a front loader hated it . It leaked made to much suds know madder how much soap i put in. It was a kenmore was the Elite he said it was the best. Had it almost 1 year. I have a whirlpooln top loader my dark clothes come out with some kind of scum on them and my towel smell. I clean it like it says. I use the little bud that smell so nice it does not help my towels. I told my husband i take my old machine back any day. Do not like these new washer machine.
Old 07-29-2013, 05:31 AM

I have the Whirlpool Duet, 13 years old, and still going strong. I can open the door and to add something if needed. I love being able to wash KS comforters and quilts in it.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:05 AM

I recently bought a top loading HE and don't like it at all. I just don't feel like the clothes are clean, especially when I take the clothes out of the washer and there are still dry spots on them. I wish that I had bought a front loading washer instead. I think that if I could, I would buy an old wringer style.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:18 AM
Power Poster

I have a Samsung front load, it is OK.