Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Manual for a Singer Creative Touch 1036 >

Manual for a Singer Creative Touch 1036

Manual for a Singer Creative Touch 1036

Old 04-07-2013, 02:20 PM

Default Manual for a Singer Creative Touch 1036

Does anyone know of a source for a free downloadable manual for this sewing machine? I bought one today at an Estate Sale. It sews a beautiful stitch, but, I think it could use some oil, it is kinda loud.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:27 PM

I have no idea where you can download a free manual but I have a 1036. The machine does run on the loud side even when it was brand new. When I notice it's a bit louder than usual, I know it's time for a good cleaning. There are no instructions on how to oil the machine in the manual. I've kept mine running by doing the following steps. First I clean as much lint as I can from the top of the machine. Slide open the slide plate and remove the needle plate so you can clean the feed dogs and all around the bobbin case. Put everything back together and now clean from the underside of the machine. You will need a tube of Singer Lubricant grease http://www.singeronline.com/lubricantgease.html. Remove the plastic base cover. You will notice two gears directly below the bobbin case. They will be covered with lubricant and lint. I clean them with a lint brush and reapply grease. I do the same to the other gears as well. Any spots that have metal to metal contact I oil with sewing machine oil.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by san-sing View Post
Does anyone know of a source for a free downloadable manual for this sewing machine? I bought one today at an Estate Sale. It sews a beautiful stitch, but, I think it could use some oil, it is kinda loud.
You might want to try this:
http://www.singerco.com/uploads/down...41dc3cb14f.pdf

It is for model 1030 which is very similar to the 1036. I found the Parts Manual for the machine and this same manual applies to both models so they must be very similar. If you want this manual, it can be found here:
http://www.manualslib.com/manual/153...ger-1036e.html

You can also purchase a Product Manual for the 1036 from Singer's website for $15. I did not purchase it so I don't know how it compares to the free document above (which was sufficient for my needs).
Old 07-09-2013, 10:09 PM

The difference is that the 1030 requires cams to form some of the stitches where the 1036 stitches are all located on the cam stack.
Old 07-29-2013, 09:39 AM

My 1030 manual indicates that this machine should not need to be oiled.
Old 07-29-2013, 11:20 AM
Power Poster

I still have my Singer 1036 but haven't used it in many years. It seems like I did put a drop of machine oil on a hole under the bobbin. I know I do in my Janome. it is a wick in that hole. otherwise I always let the repairman do what ever it required. I do have my manual somewhere too.