Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 07-29-2013, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by vintagemotif View Post
I have no addiction. The machines somehow find me. Well, my collection is very small compared to others here, around 20.
I have the bug, but limited mostly by space: Only about 15: My GF will issue marching orders if I buy even a featherweight (I ran it by her yesterday)! "But they're soooooo cute!"
Old 07-29-2013, 07:00 PM

Nancy, I found you a toy Pfaff! http://baltimore.craigslist.org/for/3930909590.html

Anyone looking for a Junker & Ruh? It already has a name, Frigga. Cute little gal! http://baltimore.craigslist.org/atq/3938437345.html

[ATTACH=CONFIG]427064[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2013-07-29 at 7.58.04 PM.png
Views:	1418
Size:	381.2 KB
ID:	427064  
Old 07-29-2013, 07:03 PM

Oh, FW are sooo cute!! I own just one since they are so cute. A toy machine that works! I'm like Glenn; I prefer the treadles.

Yes, I know that a FW is not a toy machine.

Manicmike, Tell your GF that you have to own just one FW, and it can sit on a shelf since it doesn't take up too much space.

Last edited by vintagemotif; 07-29-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:27 PM

Manicmike, Tell your GF that you have to own just one FW, and it can sit on a shelf since it doesn't take up too much space.[/QUOTE]
And a FW is so small, surely you can find a place ti put it where it will fit in and not be noticed for a while.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:28 PM

Manicmike, Tell your GF that you have to own just one FW, and it can sit on a shelf since it doesn't take up too much space.[/QUOTE]
And a FW is so small, surely you can find a place to put it where it will fit in and not be noticed for a while.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:26 AM

Manicmike, Tell your GF that you have to own just one FW, and it can sit on a shelf since it doesn't take up too much space.
Hee hee. I actually bought it (shh...). It's a centennial and cost (much) less than $200 (how could I *not* buy it at that price?).
I might actually have to hide it in the car for a while (yes I'm serious). Will have to get rid of some older ones before releasing the news. How funny to feel delightedly happy and really bad all at the same time.

I agree about the treadle: Love my 66 lotus and use it in preference to the electrically powered 319 (what a stitch!). I need a zigzagger for it but they're really rare here (I've been looking).
Old 07-30-2013, 05:04 AM

Originally Posted by manicmike View Post
Hee hee. I actually bought it (shh...). It's a centennial and cost (much) less than $200 (how could I *not* buy it at that price?).
I might actually have to hide it in the car for a while (yes I'm serious). Will have to get rid of some older ones before releasing the news. How funny to feel delightedly happy and really bad all at the same time.

I agree about the treadle: Love my 66 lotus and use it in preference to the electrically powered 319 (what a stitch!). I need a zigzagger for it but they're really rare here (I've been looking).
Well, I have several FW's - Monica got me started with the first one - and I love them all. I use them all the time! Congratulations on your new hidden treasure!

You know Mike, you can put the 319 in a treadle! My 319w sits in a treadle - I gave it a motorectomy a long time ago! The 319w is always set up in my sewing room, and I use it all the time! No motor necessary!

Nancy
Old 07-30-2013, 05:07 AM

[QUOTE=vintagemotif;6204265]Nancy, I found you a toy Pfaff!

Oh Monica, don't do that to me! I'd have that machine in a heartbeat if I could get it! People on Craigslist don't like to ship!

Nancy
Old 07-30-2013, 06:16 AM

[QUOTE=BoJangles;6204720]
Nancy, I found you a toy Pfaff!

Oh Monica, don't do that to me! I'd have that machine in a heartbeat if I could get it! People on Craigslist don't like to ship!

Nancy
Actually, I saw this machine on Ebay about two weeks ago. I remember the duct tape on it. That one might ship and because it is small and lighter, it might not be too bad. But then again there is that duct tape...
~G~
Old 07-30-2013, 09:13 AM

My name is Sharon and I have SMAD. I don't want to be cured! Its so much more satisfying to use an old machine that's all metal. I wish that such machines were still made, none of the cheap plastic garbage you find in the stores now. My favorites are the Singers and Pfaffs, fantastic machines that sew a very pretty stitch.