Just being a dog

Old 07-30-2013, 08:24 AM

Default Just being a dog

So Friday evening I cooked chicken breasts. Saturday morning I woke up to find debris all over the floor and a dumped-over trash can...but no bones. Hmmm....I wonder what happened to the bones?

Later Saturday I was up in my sewing room and my little furbaby Schnauzer Lily was of course with me. I keep my scraps on the floor in bins the size of milk crates. Anyway, I look over and happen to see Lily's rear end sticking out of one of the bins! I remove her from the bin and investigate to see what she's doing, and I find a chicken breast bone! She buried it in the scrap bin! Fortunately, my scraps are kept in plastic ziploc bags according to color so they didn't get gross, and there's no lingering smell, but I really thought it was funny and wanted to share with people who probably can relate.

Happy Stitching!
Old 07-30-2013, 08:44 AM

When I was growing up, our miniature doxie used to hide food we gave her - like leftover burger patties - in shoes and the linen closet, etc. We used to say that she was saving it for hard times. I don't recall any hard times for her. Still miss my Heidi girl.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:55 AM

LOL. Once I caught my Jonah (my avatar) stealing a plastic bag containing a huge wedge of Christmas fruit cake from the basement pantry. The door had been left ajar, so it was an open invitation to my scrounger. We nabbed him as he was heading up the stairs- he hesitated- then left the cake on the stairs and came to us tail wagging, like he was as innocent as the driven snow! Little brat! That boy loves to take food when he knows better. We cut him some slack now that he is soon to be 11 years old. That's my special boy, every day with him is a gift.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:57 AM
Power Poster

Silly dog!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 09:01 AM

The things they do and we still laugh, enjoy and love then to pieces.
Old 07-30-2013, 01:33 PM
Power Poster

Cute story. My Chihuahua Stands on hind legs and smells the trash can after bones are put in. She is too short and can't step on the thing to open it.
Old 07-30-2013, 02:36 PM

Cute story but my grandpa always said, "Never feed a dog chicken bones."
I know you didn't feed them to her, but please be careful with bones if animals can get to the trash. Our great big bloodhound couldn't tolerate any kine of bone besides rawhide!
Old 07-30-2013, 03:55 PM

OMG ... I'd be far more worried about the dog than my bin of scraps. Hope she's OK!!!
Old 07-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Power Poster

I have a cat that burries all her food but her treats. she covers her food with fabric of course.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:52 PM
Cyn

My hubby renamed our beagle, Buttercup, after she stoled a pork chop off his plate at the table! He calls her Pork chop now and she comes to it