Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell >

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Vintage Sewing Machine Shop.....Come on in and sit a spell

Old 08-01-2013, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
That's a 301. If I were closer, I'd be serious about it for $50. It's dirty but who hasn't removed some dirt & other things from sewing machines?
Old 08-01-2013, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Overpriced?? I don't think so. Too bad my enabler is on the East coast. Do I need a 3rd 301? No, but I don't have a black one.
Old 08-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Power Poster

There are a couple nice ones on CL in Indianapolis, too. I've seen that long bed. Real nice machine - kind of under priced.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:01 PM

How about this 301 in a "tweet case"?
http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/art/3862032490.html
Old 08-02-2013, 02:18 AM
Power Poster

I tawt I taw a puddy tat... Sylvester might get his claws on that one... Tweet case....
Old 08-02-2013, 05:54 AM

My son lives on the east side of Atlanta GA. He's been a wonderful child - he is now holding three machines for me.
Including a 301 in a case off craigslist for $50.

I also have two in MO to pick up when I go visit this fall. I have to be careful or I'll have more than will fit in the car.

I love having enablers! The local market is pretty dry ( I think that guy in Davis SD got them all LOL!!) so I'd miss out on a lot without my enablers.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by crewsemj View Post
I haven't posted in a long time. First things first---Charlee enjoy the GBaby now because they grow up way way to fast!!! I have been playing with my 15-91 again today trying to figure out why it hangs up on the bobbin case. I so want to FMQ with it because it has a beautiful stitch both front and back. I've checked that I have it threaded right, the needle is the right one and it is in the right way plus threaded from right to left. Sometimes it will sew for just a few stitches before it hangs up and then sometimes it will go for a couple of feet or more. Maybe this is the reason the guy sold it to me for $20.00!!

Am posting a picture of the bobbin with yarn (so maybe you can see it) laying on it and wrapped around the finger that sticks out. This is what it looks like after it locks up. If anyone can give me an idea of what to try next I would appreciate it. Thanks! I've also messed with the upper tension which seems to make no difference.
Somebody about 2000 pages ago had a similar problem, and the finger was bent out ever so slightly. He/she compared it to another and found the problem. Seems like it was somebody from Mississippi for some reason.

Charlee, enjoy that grandbaby. My kids are in no hurry to make me a grandma....I will be the oldest mamaw on the planet is what I usually tell them when it comes up. Love the stories about addictions, cures, learning to sew, and such. Growing up, I had a knack for construction, and enjoyed helping my daddy work on building things, or work on cars, or whatever, and my mama taught me to sew, which is constuction with cloth. My sister, who is only 13 months older than me, had no desire to do any of the above. I still get out here and help my dh with whatever he is working on, and he sometimes will look over sewing machines for me. My girls have brought home guys in the past who had never seen a sewing machine work up close and wanted to see how they work.
Old 08-02-2013, 05:23 PM

I haven't posted in a long time. First things first---Charlee enjoy the GBaby now because they grow up way way to fast!!! I have been playing with my 15-91 again today trying to figure out why it hangs up on the bobbin case. I so want to FMQ with it because it has a beautiful stitch both front and back. I've checked that I have it threaded right, the needle is the right one and it is in the right way plus threaded from right to left. Sometimes it will sew for just a few stitches before it hangs up and then sometimes it will go for a couple of feet or more. Maybe this is the reason the guy sold it to me for $20.00!!

Am posting a picture of the bobbin with yarn (so maybe you can see it) laying on it and wrapped around the finger that sticks out. This is what it looks like after it locks up. If anyone can give me an idea of what to try next I would appreciate it. Thanks! I've also messed with the upper tension which seems to make no difference.
Think I will see if I can find another case to use and see if that helps. If not it may need to go see a Dr. Thanks everyone!
Old 08-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Power Poster

Think I will see if I can find another case to use and see if that helps. If not it may need to go see a Dr. Thanks everyone!
Do you have another bobbin case you can swap out to see what it does?
Old 08-02-2013, 05:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by melinda1962 View Post
Somebody about 2000 pages ago had a similar problem, and the finger was bent out ever so slightly. He/she compared it to another and found the problem. Seems like it was somebody from Mississippi for some reason.

Charlee, enjoy that grandbaby. My kids are in no hurry to make me a grandma....I will be the oldest mamaw on the planet is what I usually tell them when it comes up. Love the stories about addictions, cures, learning to sew, and such. Growing up, I had a knack for construction, and enjoyed helping my daddy work on building things, or work on cars, or whatever, and my mama taught me to sew, which is constuction with cloth. My sister, who is only 13 months older than me, had no desire to do any of the above. I still get out here and help my dh with whatever he is working on, and he sometimes will look over sewing machines for me. My girls have brought home guys in the past who had never seen a sewing machine work up close and wanted to see how they work.
Melinda, I haven't seen you on here in ages. GKs are a blast - you do need some. If nothing else round up a few neighbor kids... I just got a phone call at 9:30pm - no body talking... Just heavy breathing. Real heavy breathing. So I said, "Hello, Hello. Is that you Walter??? WALTER???" Then I heard SIL say, "WALTER did you call Grandma?" So I said, "He isn't talking - but he is breathing real heavy..." Then I heard a LOT of giggling and laughing. Then SIL says, "Well, he has a huge smile on his face but just so you know, he is naked, too." Walter is 20 months old and knows how to get his diaper off and call Grandma among other talents...