Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
The Ultimate Embroidery Event >

The Ultimate Embroidery Event

The Ultimate Embroidery Event

Old 08-05-2013, 02:03 PM

Default The Ultimate Embroidery Event

I know quite a few of you have embroidery machines. I goy this email today that my dealer is having next month. Have any of you been to John Deer's Adorable Ideas? It's a 2 day event from 9-5. It sounds interesting and I was wondering if anyone has any of his designs and what you think about them. This is a lot less expensive than the events I've seen posted for other locations. Any comments?
Old 08-05-2013, 08:16 PM

Never been to that one - I have gone to several of these types of events and have learned a great deal from them. It is easy to get carried away and spent too much money!
Old 08-06-2013, 07:27 AM

yes, I went last yr. We used the latest brother machines and learned a lot. We made several items but we made them as a team. What we did was try to decide in advance who wanted to learn what and then that person would make that project and we all helped and learned and each had a project to take home. You get a cd with all of the projects on them. They have lots of designs, etc for sale too. There was a great sale on the machines, along with sales on the big multi spool machines and some sergers. They had so many projects up to see and you could take pictures. There were also special drawings and when a certain amount of sales was made at one table then every one at the table got a gift. I ended up with some free designs and a nice Xglasse scissor, thimble set as well. They try to group people so that there are some experienced ones at the same table with ones that don't have as much experience. It was really good and great lunch was included. Floriani also has some great events like this with low cost. I went to one of theirs last yr and will be doing another one this yr in Sept. Have fun and take your camera and your wallet.
Old 08-06-2013, 08:47 AM

Did you use your own machine? How does this compare to the Anita Goodesign's events?
Old 08-06-2013, 10:52 AM

Have never been to a John Deere event,been to a few Anita good design events. Like nammie to 7 said,it's easy to get carried away. They are very informative,fun. And I enjoyed myself, you will too