Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Sewing machine bobbin problems >

Sewing machine bobbin problems

Sewing machine bobbin problems

Old 08-06-2013, 12:19 PM

Default Sewing machine bobbin problems

Does anyone have a Pfaff Expression 3.0 that you are having bobbin problems? After I sew for awhile the bobbin case just jumps out. I have to take the plate off to reseat the bobbin case and completely re thread my machine. I'm tearing my hair out. Had it back to the dealer twice and they say they can't find anything wrong. Help!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:29 PM

I have a Pfaff Expression 2.0 and that was happening when I was using Glide thread. When I switched back to regular sewing thread, it was fine. I don't think it likes Glide!!
Old 08-06-2013, 12:36 PM

What kind of thread do you use.? I have tried everything we have at our sewing spot and have a problem with them all. The dealer said it should not make a difference.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:42 PM

Believe it or not, I'm using Gutterman serger thread and have not had a problem. I have also used Coats & Clark sewing thread and that works fine. I guess the shiny Glide thread is too slippery. There has to be a problem with the machine if you've tried different threads. Is there another Pfaff dealer in your area that you could go to?
Old 08-06-2013, 08:49 PM

It is in the shop right now. The lady from our quilting group and I are going in Thursday to work with them. I'm sure it is just like a car and never acts up when it is in the shop.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:40 PM

I have an Expression 3 that I have for 4 years. I've never had trouble like you're having. I have used almost all threads except Coats and Clarke. Hope they find the solution soon.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:27 PM

This may sound a stupid question, but is it the correct bobbin? My brother machine hates any other bobbin and the difference in Size is only on the height and difficult to see without comparison. Also have you tried those like washes that fit under bobbins my friend uses them on her juki to stop the bobbin rattling and rolling..
It just seems some machines of any make are temperamental with thread and/ or bobbins. Friday afternoon machine.