Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 08-08-2013, 09:37 AM

Buslady sounds like a marvelous trip ahead of you, minus the no sewing part! I always take my magazines when I am through with them and tear out the pattern I want then toss the rest of it. I have a binder for my keepers and as I was at Jabas the other day she puts them in sleeves then she puts them in categories ie baby, table toppers, wall hangings etc and she can easier find them that way too. I tried the bend the page down so I will remember but I never did and the frustration of looking made those toss away magazines!

Lynnie what a great time consuming map you have made! wowsa. you will be sewing for years on that! lol if you were me you would be because well I would quit right after California. You obviously are much more patient than I am.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:06 AM

Sistah Debra your DQ is on it's way. I just sent it off. If you can't wait your can always take a peek at my album.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:34 AM

Jaba, I am so sorry. I finished your little doll quilt today and made the label, packaged it up to mail but the postman already came by today so I will need to take it into town. And just now, I realize I gave you a new name on the label! I think I put "For Jana from Bertie instead of "For Jaba from Bertie." Please forgive. I have a Jana in another group I'm in and she must have been thinking of you as I was sewing. Anyway I'm glad you said you preferred small size as I was trying to copy something I saw on the Internet and it gave me fits! I kept using the wrong fabric or wrong size in certain spots. AND I forgot to take a picture of it for my records. Would you be so kind as to post here so I can get a copy of the picture? Many thanks and I hope you like your August swap quilt! I had fun making it even though my ripper and I became quite close during the time, haha.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:41 AM

Elisabrat, I'm glad you threw away the rest of the quilt magazines after you tore out the patterns you wanted and didn't sell them as 'gently used.' I bought some 'gently used' quilt magazines one time and was quite dismayed to find lots of missing pages in them. I started copying parts of patterns she missed tearing out until I found there were LOTS of them. Phooey on being nice! I thought 'gently used' meant she made notations on the patterns, or turned down page corners, etc. NOT removing entire patterns/pages! And I sure hope I did not send those on to someone else who bought magazines from me. I think I kept hers separate but like Elisabrat, I have tons of quilt magazines and anything is possible. I used to keep them filed in boxes until I got so far behind in my filing that now I file them by years which technically makes more sense to me as if I'm looking for a certain pattern, it must be one I've seen within the last year, right?
Old 08-08-2013, 11:10 AM

I hope we start seeing some pictures soon! I can't wait to see some...still waiting to get mine from July but was told it was mailed last Tuesday so should be here soon. I guess I will post it on both months so everyone will be sure to see it!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:30 AM

Jaba - just need to put the label on the back, then tomorrow it will be on its way to you in the great state of Wyoming. I like tracking, so when I know you have received it I'll post a picture.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:42 PM

Well, everyone is way ahead of me! I am still in the planning stage. I have been ready to sew for a few days now, but the kids won't go to sleep at night! I normally sew after they go to bed, but I have been falling asleep during that process, LOL! I will make up for lost time tonight... I better make them run laps around the yard to tire them out and make them sleep hard and early!
Old 08-08-2013, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by charp View Post
Well, everyone is way ahead of me! I am still in the planning stage. I have been ready to sew for a few days now, but the kids won't go to sleep at night! I normally sew after they go to bed, but I have been falling asleep during that process, LOL! I will make up for lost time tonight... I better make them run laps around the yard to tire them out and make them sleep hard and early!

You are not the only one in the planning stage. I have to wait until I am off to be able to focus. I work 10 hrs day and it is 1 1/2 hour -2 hours travel time to and from work total.

I have the idea in my head, just have to make it work.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:32 PM

Well Australia is a long way from Florida...but Lynnie25's little quilt has begun the journey!
Old 08-08-2013, 02:04 PM

Lynnie, love your US map! So colorful, bet you will have lots of pins on there!

Bilben, your's headed to Canada on Wed.! wonder how long it will take to get there? Postman said anything from one week to six and just smiled.