Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins

Old 08-10-2013, 06:16 AM

Well, Jaba, the package left Cheryenne, WY sorting facility today. Wonder where it will turn up next? Probably Ralston, WY, where it started from, LOL!
Old 08-10-2013, 06:30 AM

That does seem likely doesn't it? So much for efficiency. I can hardly wait for the reason for this, especially since it was in your town. Sorry BertieD, so close and yet so far away. They must need more money, you'll have an expensive little wall hanging by the time I send it priority again.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:18 AM

jaba, I was at the po yesterday, but no little package....think sometimes it might arrive at the building but doesn't make it up front for a day or so. I'm only guessing. I'll let you know as soon as I get it.....mailed yours yesterday so hope you get it soon.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:29 AM

Wow, you might want to check Linny, tracking says it was delivered on the 8th...
Old 08-10-2013, 07:40 AM

Received a wonderful black and white beauty from luvs2quilt. I need to take a pic of it, and then i will post it. The kids loved the owl button, and the colors are very striking, black white and red always look great togther... i am finishing up my binding and then i will drop it in the mail!
Old 08-10-2013, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
Hint Hint QuiltingKrazy
I got it! I got it!!!

September's theme hmmmm..... Heck no I'm not telling this early!

I do have a reminder for all swappers..... Please remember that this is a FUN swap, a Learning swap. We are all at different level in our sewing and quilting skills, but we all try our best! PLEASE DO NOT EVER EVER be negative toward your partner in anyway! If you have any problems or issues please contact me first and let's see what can be worked out. No one likes to have their feelings hurt...... nuff said!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Wow, you might want to check Linny, tracking says it was delivered on the 8th...
There are two ways I get packages....in my PO box or if it is too large then they leave a key in my box to extract from a large box. Neither of those things occurred on Friday (the 9th) so I'm left to wait until Monday to check again. The post office certainly isn't without errors, and as I said it may have made it to one part of the building, just not up front where it should be. I'm only guessing there.....let you know as soon as I know.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:16 PM

I'll have to agree it is very sad and heart-breaking to receive a negative response to something that you have struggled over, and done your best, Even though I have never received a negative response from this board, when I first joined the guild I am in now, we had a white elephant gift exchange, no one knew who made the gifts, my gift was picked by a lady that was a long-armer, and she said "I don't want this. it's awful", boy did I get my feelings hurt, I was so proud of it when I brought it in, I haven't done a gift exchange there since.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:40 PM

I have my top done, now need to layer and quilt it. Will be ready hopefully to mail this next week.

still working with mom to come up with her idea for the one she will be making.

I agree, don't be negative as we are all not at the same point as a quilter.
Old 08-11-2013, 04:29 AM

I think also the factor these are 'art' interpretation little quilts not masterpiece classics makes it extremely rude to insult. Art is art. YOu may not like the style or the interpretation but surely you appreciate that someone took the time to create something for you just like you did. Maybe you like your style better but rude is unacceptable on all levels of life I think. I hope it doesn't occur here.

Now for fun things.. I am curious what next months theme is too.. too early ?? who says its too early? Quiltingkrazy? she would NEVER think that .. why I guess she is saying that as she is ready to jump on over to my swap and join the table runner swap again. See she will be busy with that must be the explantion of too early.. sheesh.
thanks for letting me know createfourpaws that you can pin it I was thinking that might be how you hung things there. well this will.. brighten your spot up a tiny bit (uh maybe a lot).