Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Quilting for Christmas.  Anyone else? >

Quilting for Christmas. Anyone else?

Quilting for Christmas. Anyone else?

Old 08-10-2013, 06:47 PM

Yes! Bought fabric I had promised myself I would not buy on Thursday, went into shock about it Friday, had an all day sew day with my sewing club, 'N Stitches, for 25 kids ages 8 to 18 today (Saturday) but tomorrow afternoon, the rotary cutter comes out! froggyintexas
Originally Posted by StashJunkieJan View Post
Currently I'm on a mission to complete four quilts that will be Christmas gifts for my sister and three children. Sisters is waiting on binding, son's top is done and will be quilted as soon as I go get some batting for it, and daughters tops are in progress. Just curious, who else is working on Christmas quilts now?
Old 08-10-2013, 08:15 PM

Of course, it comes with a story:
Last year my son ordered some workout thing, and it got delivered by a big truck. At the time, I had a paper pieced wreath on the front door, and the driver rang the front doorbell and asked if I'd make a couple more. I told him, not for this year, but if you want them for NEXT year, sure. Something in me made me tell him he could buy the one on the door if he wanted (I mean really, takes me a couple of hours at the most to make one) We got to talking a bit, and he left his name and email address for me to tell him when they were finished.
It's possible he doesn't want them anymore but they're on the top of the list of things to make.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Image168.jpg
Views:	397
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	429651  
Old 08-10-2013, 10:12 PM

I am making 9 Lap quilts ( 60 x 70 ) for my 4 Grandchildren , 3 Kids and 2 Daughter inlaws all different patterns using their favorite colors and I am happy to say I am on top number 9 which will be finished this week. 7 have already been sent of to the quilter. I have been quilting just under 3 years and just started them this spring so I have to say I am very proud of myself for accomplishing this.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:37 PM

I bought one of those long wedge-shaped rulers and am planning on making a tree skirt. If it turns out OK I might make a couple more for family. Last year I made over a dozen quilts for Christmas presents so I am NOT going to do that again this year!!
Old 08-11-2013, 05:49 AM

Yes, I have all my fabric out and ready to go. I looked at patterns for a few weeks and I know I want it scrappy to use up this fabric. Found several on Pinterest that I liked that are nice and simple. I figure a person only uses them for one month so I don't want to do elaborate quilts right now. I would like to make a Log Cabin one day.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:49 AM

You're way ahead of me...I'm thinking just thinking. I guess I better get moving
Old 08-11-2013, 06:09 AM

I have 3 wall hangings in various stages of completion. Somehow, Christmas In August just didn't seem right, so have put them away for awhile. Also, have a Christmas Tablecloth I would like to layer and tie for a Christmas Quilt if I can get "stirred into action."Mariah
Old 08-11-2013, 06:40 AM

I have 2 to make for great grandsons. neither are really started yet. Have done some embroidery on the fabric of one, trucks tractors and different boy stuff.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:27 AM

I started xmas lap quilts, than stopped because I got side tracked . I than started a quilt for my bedroom which I only need to do binding. But than I got side tracked again and started a wall hanging xmas tree. Which I screwed up terribly ,so it's on the flannel looking down at me. So I will now go back to the two lap quilts I started for xmas gifts.
Old 08-11-2013, 07:34 AM

I have been making dish towels and pot/table mats 2 of each for 6 gifts plus a small candy bag for each. So I am started.
Jothesewer