Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Round Robin #10 Humming birds >

Round Robin #10 Humming birds

Round Robin #10 Humming birds

Old 08-10-2013, 03:40 AM

I hope she does too! Would have been nice to know so I wouldn't have sent them yet.
Old 08-10-2013, 03:59 AM

You know we are the fastest in the west in these things lol.. patience is a tough one. Maybe we need to try this with just each other for ANOTHER swap.. you do one round me one yada yada.. just a thought!
Old 08-10-2013, 04:43 AM

Sounds good to me, when do you want to start? I have 1 started with 2 rounds on it and another one with just the center. Be careful what you ask for...........
Old 08-11-2013, 05:05 AM

how about next weekend? I can finish up current things and we trade start next weekend. I want the one with just the center thank you very much.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:26 AM

Just checking in. I like all your centers. You are all so speedy. Good job.
Old 08-11-2013, 05:29 AM

Okay, sounds good to me brat. We shall start our grand adventure.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:45 PM

Congratulations Kelley! The quilts and cross stitch are wonderful!!! You definitely deserved the awards!
Old 08-11-2013, 01:32 PM

Hi Jaba,
Not really on vacation, unless being parked out in the backyard this past week, because the weather was so beautiful, I was pressing and cutting a boatload of 2 1/2" squares for the 2 1/2" Candy Swap, is considered a vacation! It was so nice outside, but who knew 'Candy' would take so much time!!! I was out there for 4 days! Lol! Plus all the other things I had to do that get in the way of the fun stuff, kept me from getting on the 'putter. I made myself a promise, though, to stay off the computer and finish my 'candy'. I get so easily distracted when I get on here. Kind of like now. I'm supposed to be working on Boom blocks! Lol! I guess I'll get to them in a little while. : )
So, I wasn't really ignoring you, or on vacation. I just wasn't on the board. I'm more of a FB user, and only check in here once a week or so. If I go away, my other half is generally always here to get the mail. He's one of those that likes to get the mail. He's so OCD about it, he will wait until after the mailman comes, before he leaves to go anywhere. Confession: When he's really irritated me, I will bring in the mail just to get his goat! Lol! I know, that's small and petty, but it puts a smile on my face and pleases me, so I will probably keep doing it whenever he's acting like a grumpy old goat! : ) If for some reason we both will be gone, I will certainly let you know.
I have received both of the blocks you sent and they are gorgeous! I can't wait to get started on them, but I have Boom blocks to finish first, so it will be awhile before I can start. I did find my center block, after hours of looking, and will try to send it on Monday. I may have to send it a few days later though, because after reading through the rules again, the posts again, and receiving the two blocks with the label and notebook, I have to regroup.
My center only measures 22 1/2", so I will have to add to it, and I think I will want to send a label and notebook. I'm getting a better idea now, I think, of how this will work.
Oh yes, one more thing. At first I thought I wouldn't like pics of the progress, but I'm already anxious to see the next rounds and I haven't even sent mine out yet! Also, I love how you all are posting and asking for suggestions, and 'What do you thinks?' And getting great responses! So, yes to the pics for me.
Hugs,
Shelley : )
Old 08-12-2013, 05:05 AM

Jaba we have four players willing to do it, I have asked the fifth one and will let you know later today. our side swap start date is Sept 15th. 6 week or less turn around so one month the first one month the fifteenth. no one thought 4 weeks was a good idea due to shipping time involved. compromise over 8 weeks I suppose. I tried!

now onto this swap. I was first skeptical of how things would work but after reviewing Dragonfly nana's 2012/2013 round robin I went through all 12 pages. some times I would look at a finished round and think ugh.. that doesn't work yet when the whole quilt top was done it worked amazingly well and taught me to think bigger before I judge something in progress. I hope everyone here can do that too if your not thrilled with a round remember that maybe the next one or two will pull it all together and you wont mind it at all. especially if its my round LOL.
Old 08-12-2013, 05:35 AM

Thanks for letting me know you are alive and well Shelley. I just am one of those that gets a little antsy, truthfully a lot antsy, when I don't hear that someone received something. Now I can breathe a little easier I have my boom blocks done, at least until I get the F8's to sew on. This month and next I will be busy, been doing the fruit part of the garden and some vege's, but the vege part will kick into full mode in the next couple of weeks. This mother hubbard's pantry and freezers will be very full.....too full for just 2 people. Thank heavens kids are coming home late October to take some and Linda is helping me get rid of some of it. Her pantry will be full too!!