QNN.TV question

Old 08-09-2013, 03:08 AM

I got an email where I can get it for only $12.00 a year and that's what I paid for it last year too. But every time I follow the link in the email it says it's at the HIGHER price. So I didn't rejoin.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:23 AM

WOW!!!I thought this problem had something to do with my computer! Thanks for the heads up that it happens to others as well.I wont be renewing this either
Originally Posted by nyelphaba View Post
I belong to QNN.TV, have a one year membership. Don't like it though. Every single time I watch a show I have problems with the feed. About 1/3 through the feed the picture and audio freeze and I cannot unfreeze it. This has happened many times. I have no problems with the classes I watch from Craftsy, but QNN.TV is miserable for me. I will not renew.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:34 AM
Power Poster

They cannot automatically renew your script. I learned a while back that when you subscribe using your credit card, they automatically set you up for a renewal. I told one company that if they didn't credit my account, they would be receiving an email or letter from my attorney. They didn't believe me until they got the letter. within one week they credited my account in full. Won't mention any names but I too am not fond of there videos nor the show.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:22 AM

I watched all the old shows when it was free. The new shows are shorter and not as good.
Not worth paying for when like someone else said, there are lots of free shows out there.
Love You Tube.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:31 PM

Thanks for all the heads up, you ladies, I have considered joining this QNN show several times (when I subscribed to their magazine, I was supposed to get a year of free shows, I just never took the time to log in, etc. and now I am glad I didn't mess with it, we have slow computer service here and I hate that little devil whirling round and round on my screen while I try to hold that thought 'til it stops and you can see the next segment.......too many dirty words here for me to say right now.....
Old 08-09-2013, 07:53 PM

[QUOTE=Lisa_wanna_b_quilter;6220696]I got a one year subscription to QNN.TV when it was on sale for $12 earlier this year. I agree with Nyelphaba that their feed has many problems while other videos will run fine on my computer. Many of the shows are just not my thing. Mary Ann Fons drives me batty. There is one show that seems very good for long arm quilters, but that is not me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! Mary Ann Fons makes me so nervous, I have to turn her off! I keep wanting to tell her to relax and stop acting like a goofy teenager. I subscribed and never went there once. The Quilt Show keeps me happy.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:09 PM

I joined a few months ago but have not had the time to watch many of the programs--I joined for the longarm shows. I've found better longarm videos on You Tube as suggested above. I confess I haven't even watched any of the other shows and will probably not renew.

HOWEVER...if this had been around when I began quilting 20 years ago, I would probably be all over it!
Old 08-13-2013, 02:59 AM

My subscription comes with my membership in Quilter's Club of America. I'm a self-taught quilter so the shows have really helped me. But after reading the other comments, I wouldn't recommend anyone subscribe unless the have a high-speed connection on your computer. I'm blessed to be married to a computer geek who has us "wired" so I receive all the videos without the problems others have mentioned.
Old 08-13-2013, 04:55 AM
Power Poster

I belong to QNNtv. I like the programs. I use to have a problem with the videos freezing but that stopped when I bought a new computer and switched to better wi fi. Don't know which one was the problem. I also belong to The Quilt Show with Alex and Ricky. That is a good online quilt show too. Eleanor Burns has shows on her website too. I have Roku so can watch online videos on my tv. I like that better then watching on computer.
Old 12-27-2013, 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I belong to QNNtv. I like the programs. I use to have a problem with the videos freezing but that stopped when I bought a new computer and switched to better wi fi. Don't know which one was the problem. I also belong to The Quilt Show with Alex and Ricky. That is a good online quilt show too. Eleanor Burns has shows on her website too. I have Roku so can watch online videos on my tv. I like that better then watching on computer.
I have a brand new computer. It's my work computer and it is really great and has excellent capacity and speed. I have a very good internet connection (better than we could ever use). I can download gigabytes in a matter of minutes! Youtube never freezes on me.

However, QNN-tv must be on the worst server ever! I've been trying for the last 24 hours to see a couple of the old shows. I get half a second every five minutes! My husband is a programmer and he confirms that the problem is not here.

Luckily, I only bought a months worth... so I only spent $2.99. I can assure you I won't continue!