Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Round Robin #10 Humming birds >

Round Robin #10 Humming birds

Round Robin #10 Humming birds

Old 08-16-2013, 03:33 AM

Friendships form here on the board and we all have one major thing in common.. quilting. its art its quilts its understanding the variety of forms it comes in and with that we teach each other something (for me all the time) we provide personal input and yes we are friends. I hope you can spend time with us and become a friend too the room for that is endless and I am personally open to it at all times. One can not have enough friends!
Old 08-16-2013, 08:08 PM

Amen to that, Elisabrat! You definitely can never have too many friends!
If I ever get my tired, old body in a car, for as long as it would take to drive out that way again, I'll definitely make a point of setting up a 'live meeting!
I visited Yellowstone, back when my daughter was 3 years old, and loved it! I've always wanted to go back, but haven't yet. My daughter is now 35!
She lives in Madison, WI with her husband, and my two precious Grandsons. I only get to visit them twice a year, although we do video chat, it's just not the same. The drive from here, just south of Detroit, to there, is tough for me in my old age! Lol!
Someday I might be able to talk the old goat I live with, into a trip out west. But, aside from him turning into an 'old stick in the mud', he always wants to take his vacations 'by the water'. It would be hard to convince him that all that flat, corn country, is just as exciting as oceans and lakes!
Well, I'm off to bed. I need to get an early start tomorrow. I'm going with a friend, in the morning, to check out a house up north, to see if it will accommodate our group for our fall quilt retreat. I hope it will. We can't use our old retreat place anymore. : (
Goodnight All!
Hugs,
Shelley : )
Old 08-17-2013, 03:09 AM

Shelley your daughter is only 35 not 55 so your not too old to get your tail in a car and go see places! and for goats we have lots and lots of lakes here honest he can camp his tail by the side of a pretty lake and tada its all good! We would love to have you.

I have Kellys center now so I am going to have to think on it this weekend and see what magic I can install in that pretty piece. I love the bright sunny colors mixed with the blacks.. could be a fun one to work with.
Old 08-17-2013, 07:25 PM

I forgot to put a "requests" page in with the top. I guess my biggest wish is that you use solid/blender/batiks and try not to use fabrics with any defined prints on them since that focus fabric is soooo print-heavy. And then just use the colors in that focus fabric.

I hope those don't make it too hard for anyone... I'm sure you'll let me know if you need me to clarify
Old 08-18-2013, 04:43 AM

No that is pretty clear for me I will add that to the top when I send it on if you like. I love your center and the colors are going to be pretty easy to pull out of the block and play with. I know I have a couple of them so one will be perfect I am sure oh happy days
Old 08-26-2013, 10:00 PM

Kelly I finished your center! I was so worried to even open it after seeing your red/white center but this one the second I opened it.. said DO THIS! and it took me a day which is slow for some of you but very good for me and 4 hours later.. it is done! I am giving it to Jan I believe to work on next and she can hopefully post my pic here. Still can not get windows 8 to allow it. argh! but she will take a pic on her wall which comes out better than my little table or floor! (I do not put things on the floor that are going out so don't worry. I am cautious with my cat hair troubles!). I think you quilt will end up colorful, happy and something you will really love in the end. Good choice of fabric. reminds me of .. birthdays I did post your center on facebook for those who use it here but by tomorrow it should make it to the board for all to see.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:39 AM

Default Kelly's

[ATTACH=CONFIG]432463[/ATTACH]Copied it from facebook for you Brat
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Kelly's.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	432463  
Old 08-27-2013, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]432463[/ATTACH]Copied it from facebook for you Brat

Wow,wow,wow! Beautiful .
Old 08-29-2013, 01:51 PM

Did your round today Kelly hope you like it and it's in the mail, on its way to sisastitcher[ATTACH=CONFIG]432987[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1608.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	432987  
Old 09-01-2013, 03:59 AM

Jan (Jaba) you are so.. FAST!! that looks beautiful you make this all look so simple lol to do. like its a breeze just cut this, sew that and presto a round is done! one day it will rub off on me. (one long day).

Shelley cant wait to see your round in motion! I think some beautiful work can follow that one easily. all those gorgeous jewel tones. BRING IT ON!!!